Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hahhaha.... i need to know does anyone have pics or can explain how much i would have to sand off an h4 to fit into the h4h housing... or is shaving off all the edges and slapping on a new "rear wall" is the only way...

any help would be appreciated... and one more trick... is it at all possible to do this with out taking out the headlights... i know i should have done it before i installed the HL but i didn't...okay...

and yes i have read all the dyi's i have them saved... in case there is an option that does not involve removing the HL...

THanks in advance!

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
Your better off using a dremel tool and putting a 9006 in the h4h spot, the bulb position is alot closer than the h4. There's a DIY for it just do a search.

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm.... yeah i read the one about the 9006 but i didn't think that the 9006 had a closer fitment to the h4h than the h4....

when i looked at it... it looked like the h4h and the h4 is almost exact except that the ring aroudn teh h4h is small...

thans again the 9006 ring is prob the same size....

thanks for the info!!!

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
william_s said:
hmmm.... yeah i read the one about the 9006 but i didn't think that the 9006 had a closer fitment to the h4h than the h4....

when i looked at it... it looked like the h4h and the h4 is almost exact except that the ring aroudn teh h4h is small...

thans again the 9006 ring is prob the same size....

thanks for the info!!!
It's not the base I mean. it's the position of the bulb in the headlight housing. The H4 is too shallow, it affects the light output. The 9006 sits in just about the same spot as the H4H bulb.

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn i guess i will just take out the head lights and start messing with them... hahhaha... makes sense... didn't think about that... but when i retro fit i should be going with HID's again.. jsut need to fit in the damn bulbs firts...

thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.