Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my dimpled/slotted rotors from Mr. Wood and have a question about the install. What direction do I install the slots? If my car sits in the direction in the picture below, would the direction of the slots be A or B in the picture below?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I think that technically, due to the non-directional vanes in the rotors, it doesn't really matter, but according to what Wood indicated to me when I went to pick mine up from him, go with "A"

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i have it in A myself.
just like legendgs says, the vanes on these rotors are straight so it doesn't matter. if the vanes on u'r rotors are different, install them in a way that he vanes will cup the air as it turns.
-j

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all so much. This community is so great because I can post a question and you all always come through. I'm broke as hell, but hey, I'm going to have brakes :D:D:D.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
"A" as well.
I just ordered my rotors and brake pads today as well.

Came out to like 230+80+37 for shipping = $347.

My rotors are BAD.
They're really really bad.
So I had to get new ones.

I've had good experiences with aftmarket rotors and pads, so I went w/ the slotted and cross drilled (aka, "dimpled"), since when I get rims, it's gonna look something VICIOUS when I'm done w/ the car.

:)

-Jose

·
Registered
397 Posts
jose3030 said:
"A" as well.

My rotors are BAD.
They're really really bad.
So I had to get new ones.

I've had good experiences with aftmarket rotors and pads, so I went w/ the slotted and cross drilled (aka, "dimpled"), since when I get rims, it's gonna look something VICIOUS when I'm done w/ the car.

:)

-Jose
Yo Jose!
Where'd you get your rotors, and is that a price for front and back? Holla!

G

·
jose3030 said:
"A" as well.

I just ordered mine today too dude!!

Mine was only 230+70+25 though from Wood :D ='ing $325

Pympdaddi: that price is for the rotors + pads + shipping respectively all around the car.

I'm so excited, I'll get some pics some time next week.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

Yo Jose!
Where'd you get your rotors, and is that a price for front and back? Holla!
Sorry about that. (714) 547-3581 -- Name is "Wood"

www.raceconcepts.com

Guy is super nice.
He didnt have the LS rotors for fronts for me, so he told me to call back today, I did and I bought them today. So all's fair. Them joints are gonna look ridiculous on my car. :)

THIS IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS : [email protected]

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I just ordered mine today too dude!!

Mine was only 230+70+25 though from Wood :D ='ing $325

Pympdaddi: that price is for the rotors + pads + shipping respectively all around the car.

I'm so excited, I'll get some pics some time next week.
Sounds like your pads cost less due to you having an "L" instead of "LS"... just an assumption.

-Jose

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jose3030 said:

Sorry about that. (714) 547-3581 -- Name is "Wood"

www.raceconcepts.com

Guy is super nice.
He didnt have the LS rotors for fronts for me, so he told me to call back today, I did and I bought them today. So all's fair. Them joints are gonna look ridiculous on my car. :)
Just a correction, but it's http://www.raceconcepts.net/

I'm SOOOO excited, mine are going on tommorrow. And I got mine for the same price as SpeedDemon :D. Wood is super nice and will hook you up, they come all nice and shiny in a Brembo box and they are every so pretty.

G

·
I start my new job tommrow so it looks like I know where my first check is going.... Cause like Jose my rear pads are BADDDD.. so mine as well do the Whole Swap!:D

G

·
jose3030 said:

Sounds like your pads cost less due to you having an "L" instead of "LS"... just an assumption.

-Jose
I think you're a little confused on the difference between brakes on G2 models. All the G2's with a Type-II engine have the twin-piston caliper up front and bigger rotors as well. There is no difference between the L and LS though. Since I have a 94 Coupe I had to get the bigger rotors and pads so I just got hooked up ;).

·
Registered
118 Posts
What kind of pads did the brembo come with, and is that the price for both front and rear? I'm also looking into brakes upgrade after i find and get the rims that i want.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrEemAr gUy said:
What kind of pads did the brembo come with, and is that the price for both front and rear? I'm also looking into brakes upgrade after i find and get the rims that i want.
I ordered the PBR metal master pads with my brembo rotors. If you order from wood, PBR is the brand that he carries. The price that I paid is:

$225 for 4 rotors
$70 for pads (front and rear)
$25 shipping

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wood is the MAN!!! I'll have mine on tuesday installed by thursday. Holla!

·
meber
978 Posts
I will be ordering mine I hope today. He quoted me
$230 + $75 + $28 = $333

Now I just need to find out how to install them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
WOW!!! These rotors are NIIIIICE!!! I finaly got mine on thursday at about 6:50. The UPS guy missed that package when he stopped by our complex earlier that day. I planned on putting them on today, but I'll be taking a trip down to LA this weekend and I don't think that would be a good time to break in my rotors and pads (warping :( ) But they look great. I thought everyone was using BREMBO as standard speech, I didn't realize BREMBO actually made these rotors. I'm looking forward to some high performance braking once they're broken in. THANKS WOOD, YOU DA MAN!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts