Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone.
i went to get an alignment check today, coz it looked like my camber was off, and they said that yes, the camber was messed up but they didnt know how to adjust it. I went to merchants. My car isnt lowered or anything, just some different rims. Anyone know how i can fix it, coz the inside of my tire was wearing out. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Either one of two things can be wrong.....

1) something is bent, or 2) something is worn out.

Unfortunately, camber is not adjustable in this case.

G

·
You can get a camber kit like people get when they lower there car. Go to www.ingallseng.com to figure out which one you would want. If you can install it yourself then you take it to the allignment shop and then they fix it for you. When you do fix whatever it is that is bent or worn out, you'll have to get the car alligned anyways, so then they can fix the postive camber (assuming that you have negative right now).

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can put washers (spacers) under the strut mounts on the bolts to raise the car a bit. That will correct a negative camber, but only works for small adjustments... (1/2 degree). Check ride height to see if you have sagging springs as they will cause this...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ingall's doesn't make a camber kit for G1's....

I don't think anyone makes kits for the G1's.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Re: Ingall's doesn't make a camber kit for G1's....

paulo57509 said:
I don't think anyone makes kits for the G1's.
Back a few years ago I slammed my Maxima, I went to get it aligned and they said camber kits werent available for it. They said they had to use camber bolts. Has anyone tried these? I got it done at Butlertires

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you look at the website that Speedemon gives there is no camber adjustment kit made for the 1st gen acura by that company. I tried last year and found no one makes one.
This is about the only weak link with the Acura.

Just be sure to rotate your tires for maximum tire life.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure the problem isn't with your rims. You mentioned some aftermarket rims. Did you verify the correct offset on them? Getting wheels with a non-spec offset value will change your whole suspension geometry.

If you say your tires are wearing on the inside, I would say you can adjust the toe-in/out as that has more to do with premature tire scrubbing. Contrary to popular belief, negative camber is not going to wear out the tire as much as toe-out.

Are you sure suspension shops can't adjust the toe out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts