Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just fixed my head unit and im very happy.

But after i put it in and entered the code, everything works as normal except clicking in the beginning which im not really worried about..

The problem is the driver and passenger speakers are not working.

Is there exactly something i got to look at when i was reinstalling the HU?
Maybe the harnesses were to loose? Well i dont really know but i would appreciate your support!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Check the connections and wiring. Maybe you yanked on the harness when removing the HU and damaged the wiring.

Are you able to borrow a stereo from a friend's pre 98 Honda/Acura? Trying another HU will allow you to confirm if the problem is infact in the HU.

Did you take apart your HU? Maybe a connection is loose insice.

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Do you have a tester? Can you check for a power signal at the speaker? It might be as simple as a loose wire, it could be broken solders inside the HU. Recheck the connections behind the HU and look closely for broken connections at the clip/wire meeting points. Swapping speakers/HU is the next step or else check for power at the speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the connections and wiring. Checked and confirmed that all is in.

Maybe you yanked on the harness when removing the HU and damaged the wiring. Nah i highly doubt it, cuz i did it carefully

Are you able to borrow a stereo from a friend's pre 98 Honda/Acura? Trying another HU will allow you to confirm if the problem is infact in the HU.
Unfortunately i know no1

Did you take apart your HU? Maybe a connection is loose insice.
Yes but i soldered it back together and i am 99% sure that nothing is loose cuz i did it very carefully.
Do you have a tester? What exactly is this
Can you check for a power signal at the speaker?i can still hear out of it
It might be as simple as a loose wire, it could be broken solders inside the HU. no loose wire BRAND NEW SOLDERS!!

Recheck the connections behind the HU and look closely for broken connections at the clip/wire meeting points.
Been there done that 3x

Swapping speakers/HU is the next step or else check for power at the speakers. i dont have any spares how do i check for power

Do u guys think its a fuse? im not really sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.