Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what is going on?
When I start my car after it has been sitting for several hours (especially in the morning), I hear a squealing sound and feel a slight shudder from the engine bay. The sound only lasts for 2-3 seconds and only happens after I have put it in drive or reverse (auto tranny) and start rolling for about 20 feet. I thought it might be belts, but I just had them all replaced and it still does it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
347 Posts
when you say squealling - what exactly do you mean?

If you have abs, and its a fd-d-d-d-d-d-d-d type noise, It might be the ABS system.
A few of us have noticed the pump cycles up when you start, making an annoying racket. It's an expensive fix to get the accumulator or pump replaced so you can 'bleed' the system by working the abs on a safe stretch of road or in dirt, or pull the fuses and the warning lamp in the instrument cluster and live without ABS.
Others have pointed out that technically, living without ABS may be a problem as it is an integral safety feature of the car. I have no opinion, and am thinking about pulling fuses and warning lights, as mine is noisy and makes the car sound like shyte.

cheers

richard

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have an intermittent squeal coming from my water pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts