Acura Legend Forum banner

HELP w/ custom mesh grille.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  silko82ny 
#1 ·
:confused: I'm trying to do the custom mesh grille as found @ LegendTUNER.
But I have a small cosmetics prblm...
I don't want to put the Acura emblem back on, but in order for the grille to be flat like I want, I need to cut some of the plastic mount back. (I have the revision 1 grille)
BUT WHAT SHOULD I USE TO DO THIS??? I was thinking about a hacksaw but I didn't want to mess up. Anyone got suggestions or ideas? Also, if I cut the plastic back, can I still put my emblem back on in the future if I so choose?:confused:

#2 ·
I just used a bench grinder and slowly grinded it down to where I wanted. it worked out well and i was still able to reattach my emblem. I wouldnt mind leaving it off If I could find some mesh that was thicker and more crome like the ones on ebay. but we dont have a home depot in lexington, and I cant find it anywhere.

#3 ·
anything but...

IMO, you shouldnt really cut all that out.. if you really want it flush without putting the emblem back on, i would try anything but cutting or grinding those plastic pieces. i used nylon tie wraps to hold down pieces of the grille that popped up in certain places. my emblem is on but the wraps did the job on every other spot that gave me probs. you really cant see it, and although it might seem ghetto, it worked better for me than cutting anything out, ya know. try anything, be creative

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.