Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the unit is located for the dealer installed keyless entry system? The dealership is absolutely no help whatsoever and I can't seem to figure out where it would go. If anyone can share any help or info it'd be great! Thanks! :cool:

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
94LegendL said:
Does anyone know where the unit is located for the dealer installed keyless entry system? The dealership is absolutely no help whatsoever and I can't seem to figure out where it would go. If anyone can share any help or info it'd be great! Thanks! :cool:
Here is a pic of the keyless system. In front of the pic, you can see the main controller unit, which is located under the dash panel (foot room).

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I read post on people look for this option all the time, and I ask "WHY!!" Just purchase yourself an aftermarket alarm that pops your locks. You will get more for your money, because the dealer charges way more than the price of an aftermarket alarm. Just a suggestion.;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realize that aftermarket systems have many more features and the security aspect is better than the factory system but for a good system I would need to dish out over $200. That's $200 more than I have. Plus I like to stay within the OEM look. Maybe in the winter I'll have enough to get an aftermarket system. But for now I was able to get an inexpensive OEM system so that's what I opted for. Call it foolish but I like it...if I can get it connected. :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem, with the keyless entry. I got it connected to a red box and the doors lock and unlock but the panic doesn't work and when I lock the doors with the remote the alarm won't set. Any ideas?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
94LegendL said:
Problem, with the keyless entry. I got it connected to a red box and the doors lock and unlock but the panic doesn't work and when I lock the doors with the remote the alarm won't set. Any ideas?
The OEM alarm not only comes with the T harness to connect into the door lock module, but also should have come with two bare lead wires that have pins attached to it. These pins are inserted into black slots on one of the security modules molex plugs. These are for security arm and security disarm. I don't know which slots they are though, as you need the installation manual for the exact slot #s. Without these two wires connected, the OEM alarm will not arm via the keyless entry system.

Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey - Take off the :mad: face. I have the answer to your problem. Had the same exact think happen to me. I purchased my keyless for my 1st Legend (300K) when I got the car new from the dealer. I purchased my keyless for my 2nd Leg from a junk yard - and after I installed it the same thing happened.

Heres the deal - look at the wire harness - the side with the 2 plugs. (You plugged one of those plugs into the red box- the door controller) In addition to those two plugs there should be 2 single wires coming out of that side of the harness - those 2 single wires plug into the security control unit. ( which turns the security sys -on/off) My guess is that those wires are missing -

When the keyless wire harness's are deinstalled it is difficult to disconnect those 2 single wires so people cut them to free the harness -
If I am right so far peel down the black plastic/tape of the wire harness and you will see where the 2 single wires were cut then tucked in - I think 1 is red the other is yellow. (The only way I knew the wires were missing was to look at my other car.)

Let me know if I'm right - so that I can dig out the instructions on exactly where to connect the two single wires - (you have to open the back of one of the two plugs on the security controller and insert them into open slots but I forget which slots) -

·
Registered
216 Posts
**** Chris.

Is there anything you don't know about LEGENDS!!!

I had my first Legend for 10 years (the 300K Legend) and I thought I knew alot - actually I've caught 1 or 2 minor inaccurate statements you've made but I didn't say anything -- because you never correct a Master!!!

( I tried to post my response for 94LegendL and by the time I submitted you were in there already)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Double Legend said:
**** Chris.

Is there anything you don't know about LEGENDS!!!

I had my first Legend for 10 years (the 300K Legend) and I thought I knew alot - actually I've caught 1 or 2 minor inaccurate statements you've made but I didn't say anything -- because you never correct a Master!!!

( I tried to post my response for 94LegendL and by the time I submitted you were in there already)
Please correct any mistake I make :) That is the only way I can learn myself :D I've actually learned a lot by other people telling me what is and what is not. I just try to pass along the most accurate possibilities that I can. We are all hear to learn right? Including me. I know a bit about the little trivial stuff, but I learn a lot more from the big guns when it comes to the mechnical engine stuff.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hey so doesn't that mean you can rig up a aftermarkett alarm to arm and disarm the factory system too? I mean if those two wires actually send out a signal then you could have both? :p Just curious --=Keith

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:
Hey so doesn't that mean you can rig up a aftermarkett alarm to arm and disarm the factory system too? I mean if those two wires actually send out a signal then you could have both? :p Just curious --=Keith
Yes it does. People have done it already. You don't even have to use the same ARM/DISARM inputs, as there are more than one. However, the reason why I didn't do it is because as soon as your door lock actuator starts acting up, your OEM alarm might start falsing.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
yea but one, if your aftermarket alarm is controlling the arm and disarm, then how would the OEM alarm set of the after market one? Second if you use your keyless entry, the door actuator shouodn't go bad since your not using your key anymore, no more wear and tear --=Keith

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:
yea but one, if your aftermarket alarm is controlling the arm and disarm, then how would the OEM alarm set of the after market one? Second if you use your keyless entry, the door actuator shouodn't go bad since your not using your key anymore, no more wear and tear --=Keith
I'm not talking about the OEM alarm setting off the aftermarket alarm, but the OEM alarm setting itself off (Horn Honking). I used to think the keyless entry was the end all band aid to a failing door lock actuator that sets off the OEM alarm (Horn honking), but I found out earlier a few years ago that is not always true. In my case on my 93, I used the OEM keyless entry, but my OEM alarm used to false and set itself off for no reason. Mostly in the middle of the night, and sometimes after I took a few steps away from my car, so I knew no one was messing with my car and that everything was supposed to be normal. The problem is the doorlock actuator is sending the signal to the OEM alarm, and due to corrosion, bad connection, or whatever, it sometimes sends a false unlock (I believe, I don't know for sure) to the OEM alarm which sets off the horn. In my case, I didn't have the cycling doorlocks either, just the false alarms. Either way, I am not 100%v sure of anything, just that my OEM would false regardless of keyless entry. I know my security module is fine as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Double Legend said:
Hey - Take off the :mad: face. I have the answer to your problem. Had the same exact think happen to me. I purchased my keyless for my 1st Legend (300K) when I got the car new from the dealer. I purchased my keyless for my 2nd Leg from a junk yard - and after I installed it the same thing happened.

Heres the deal - look at the wire harness - the side with the 2 plugs. (You plugged one of those plugs into the red box- the door controller) In addition to those two plugs there should be 2 single wires coming out of that side of the harness - those 2 single wires plug into the security control unit. ( which turns the security sys -on/off) My guess is that those wires are missing -

When the keyless wire harness's are deinstalled it is difficult to disconnect those 2 single wires so people cut them to free the harness -
If I am right so far peel down the black plastic/tape of the wire harness and you will see where the 2 single wires were cut then tucked in - I think 1 is red the other is yellow. (The only way I knew the wires were missing was to look at my other car.)

Let me know if I'm right - so that I can dig out the instructions on exactly where to connect the two single wires - (you have to open the back of one of the two plugs on the security controller and insert them into open slots but I forget which slots) -
Hey! I wondered where those wires went. :p I knew they had to go somewhere. One of them has like a copper connecter like it should be insterted somewhere. The other one doesn't. It would be great if you could tell me where I need to connect these wires! Thanks guys...you're awesome!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Both wires should have the same size copper connector. Since you have one go to the dealer and get the same exact one ( they come in zillons of sizes so take harness with you) You can stick the wire into the back of the plug without the connector but it will fall out over time & your alarm won't work again.

As I said - Private message your email to me & i will send dealer suppled instructions on which positions in security contol unit plug to place wires.

(other people were having your same problem but did not post - they are PM'ing me for the instructs)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Double Legend said:
Both wires should have the same size copper connector. Since you have one go to the dealer and get the same exact one ( they come in zillons of sizes so take harness with you) You can stick the wire into the back of the plug without the connector but it will fall out over time & your alarm won't work again.

As I said - Private message your email to me & i will send dealer suppled instructions on which positions in security contol unit plug to place wires.

(other people were having your same problem but did not post - they are PM'ing me for the instructs)
You have PM! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts