Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 94 coupe and it just started to freak out today. The problem is when i turn the car off the main relay just starts clicking and the instrument panel flashes. If i disconect the relay the insrument panel lights up like i have turned on the ACC. So do you think its the main relay or ignition switch. I really have no idea. The only way to get it to stop is to disconect the battery. If anyone has had this problem or might know a way to fix it let me know.
Thanks alot.

Seattle Legend

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Sounds more like a short.

Probably in the ignition somewhere would be my guess...

Try pulling the fuse for the ignition switch and see if it stops.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick help.
I pulled the IG SW fuse from under the hood and tryed it and it did the same thing. I then tryed the IG Coil fuse inside the car and the clicking stopped but the instrument panel lit up like i had the key turned to ACC. Would that mean it was the IG Switch? Thanks again for the help.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
More than likely. If you need an ignition switch, let me know I'm parting my Sedan.

I'd wait to see if Mike Diaz or someone else can answer definitively-because this is one I've nver heard of before....

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the input. I do have an alarm but it does not have its own batt. Im going to try a new ignition switch and see what that does. I think the poor car is just giving up on me( I was so good to it ). Im thinking its about time to sell it and get a new car that i can get parts for. I will try to video tape the problems to let you guys see it and tell you how i will fix it for anyone that might have the problems in the future.
Thanks again guys

· Registered
3,012 Posts
seattlelegend said:
Thank you everyone for the input. I do have an alarm but it does not have its own batt. Im going to try a new ignition switch and see what that does. I think the poor car is just giving up on me( I was so good to it ). Im thinking its about time to sell it and get a new car that i can get parts for. I will try to video tape the problems to let you guys see it and tell you how i will fix it for anyone that might have the problems in the future.
Thanks again guys
I'm parting out my Legend, and have a working ignition switch. PM me if interested.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well heres an update. It just stopped doing it. I dont know what started it or stopped it but its gone. Now my blowermoter just went out and now im working on it. I will get some pictures up of the car.
Thanks for all the help.
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.