Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change my stock rotors to either slotted or cross drilled. Any difference between the 2 and also where would I be able to purchase a set for all 4 corners. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
you can usually get x-drilled rotors on ebay from a guy in cali. do a search for "elvis" on this forum. he's the guy who sells them.
-j

·
Registered
917 Posts
check out [email protected] this is his email address. He's now producing dimple-drilled/slotted rotors. I spoke to him and he said that he stands by this method versus straight through drilling. He has had returns due to cracked rotors from the previous design. He purchases the rotors from Brembo/Bradi and dimple drills and slots them himself and then sends them out to be plated. I just ordered mines for $260 shipped. Hope this helps.:cool:

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Pecan, do you have pics of the dimple drilled/slotted rotors? And what are some advantages of having those rather than the cross drilled rotors?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hey Triton3K, I couldn't decide myself until James S on the forum told me to give this guy Mr. Wood at raceconcepts a call. This is what he explained to me: Until 2 weeks ago he sold Bradi/Brembos that were cross drilled & slotted for him by a company called KVR or KRV. He said that he would get returns of occasional rotors that cracked and KVR or KRV would not warrant them, so basically he had unhappy, complaining customers. He specializes in only brake upgrades so I guess he knows a thing or two. He wanted KVR or KRV to dimple drill them cause he said the integrity of the metal is not compromised. He explained to me that rotors are balanced with weights like a tire rim is. The weights are in the vanes of the rotors. When you drill straight through, you will drill through some of the weights and eventually those weights will crack. The guy said some places just take the weights out which is even worse. He gets the rotors from the manufacturer, has them dimple drilled and slotted on premises then sends them out to be plated. I was comparing his rotors to the ones sold by irotors.com, he mentioned that those are not plated and that they will rust in a short itme up here in NY. I liked irotor's design but these sounded better and $260 shipped to NY is a good price, I thought. Hope this helps you:)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts