Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i brought this upon myself but hopefully its nothing big
Was racing a 3.2 tl recently 3 girls inside couldnt pass tha down, we took 3 runs on all 3 i took her by a car length would of been more if i had more road, when i got home i noticed a knocking sound from my engine which only got faster with acceleration, sounds like its coming from one of the cylinders, definitely from the engine though what can it be???

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Legend XTC said:
i noticed a knocking sound from my engine which only got faster with acceleration, sounds like its coming from one of the cylinders, definitely from the engine though what can it be???
Sounds not good... :mad:
Did you over turned your car (... than >7500 r/min)? If yes, it´s might be possible, that you got an "Piston Hanger" Then, you damaged your crankshaft bearings (and maybe your piston bearings), I guess it, because your wrote, that you starts a race.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
744 Posts
There is an RPM limiter (this I know for a fact) HOWEVER, I have only ran into mine a few times and this is when the engine was under load in 3rd. The engine went on retard mode and slowed down drastically. Bottom line is the limiter is designed to prevent damage and will not harm the engine by kicking in.

What I would like to know is....

With an auto trans in neutral or on a man trans with the clutch disengaged from the flywheel - does the limiter kick in?

KNLNGUS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts