Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends
i dont know wats going on with my windows, only the driver window works, the rest are out, i got a 91 sedan what do u guys think it is? i doubt its the motor bc the driver window work. has anyone had this problemo? let me know
thanks

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Do the passenger windows roll down from their switches? (not from the master control switch one)

Do you have it locked maybe? Switch in wrong place on the master control?

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to take out the fuse button but the **** screw is broken, but if it was the fuss dont u think the driver window would of went out also?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
mYbabYLeGend said:
I tried to take out the fuse button but the **** screw is broken, but if it was the fuss dont u think the driver window would of went out also?
What fuse button are you talking about? There's a fuse box in the driver side kick panel and another one in the engine compartment right above the battery. If I remember correctly, the windows have different fuses.
But since you said the other windows work with the other switches, only the master switch doesn't work right? Maybe your switch went bad, it's a common thing, try to find a replacement master switch.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey ONLY my driver window goes up and down, THE OTHERS ARE STUCK WONT MOVE AN INCH from their switch and MASTER switch, i tried to take out the fuse under the hood the freakn screw is broken. never seen anythin like thsi lol

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
under the hood theres a fuse for power windows and it has screwsaround to remove the fuse i got one of it out the other is broken

·
Registered
699 Posts
man you probably need to get another master switch, its a very common problem with the legends. you can order a new ne from the dealerships for like 300 or try to get a used one from a junkyard for like 100 or so.

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I DONT THINK i need a new master switch because the passenger work either

·
Registered
117 Posts
Master Switch

I guarantee it is the on/off part of the master switch. Mine is broken too...

If the switch (on/off) on the lower part of the master switch fell off all you need to do is stuff some tin foil in it and it will complete the circuit and all the windows will work again. Sounds crazy but it is true!

Here is mine...

That is stuffed with tin foil inside with the switch removed and covered with a piece or cardboard with black tape on it for a nicer look!

Here is how you do it...

(1) Remove the on/off switch unless it already fell off like mine.

(2) Stuff tin foil in tightly where the below graphic shows.

(3) Dress up as appropriate, the foil needs to be tight in there and could come loose occasionaly so don't over do it too much.

I used a metal bracket to pressure the foil in and it hasn't come undone in about 8 months.

-Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts