Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI BOYS,.heres the question,I have a ride height problem on the drivers side.thought it was a shock or a spring.so i bought a new strut with the spring and shock assembly.i had a mechanic put it in and it helped a little but its still very low.i have less than an inch and a half of clearance which hinders the ride and handling when i turns the wheel.my mechanic said that the bushings and such were bent cus it was possibly hit.now my question is : ive heard of something called spring blocks,or soemthing similar where you place a block in between ur coil springs and it lifts the height of the car.now would that work somewhat??and help the ride height,just so that i have more clearance between the tire and the wheel well????please lend me some help fellas,id really appreciate it.all info is very much appreciated :rolleyes:

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Which springs and shocks are you using?

Well, when I first got my car lowered, I remedied the problem with the driver side being lower by using one of those things wedged between the coils to lift it. It did indeed take care of the problem. I later decided to fix it by staggering front spring perches on the Koni shocks; passenger side lower perch, driver side higher perch. I've been running it like this for several years now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx will it work with stock struts??

im running stock acura struts,im just looking for a quick fix so i can drive the car normally without any interference on my drivers side,just want a easier,smoother ride.cause my ride is a pain with the wheel being so low on that side.i need an inch lift to help my driving experience.thanx and i appreciate it.so u think it'll work and help me a little bit??thanxxxx

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
An inch is a lot, but it should work. Obviously, you can't adjust the perches, but the spring lift kits should help.

Are you also running stock springs? If you're running a full stock setup, you really should look into the true cause of the problem and get it fixed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i brought it to my mechanic figuring it was my strut or spring,but he put a new one in and it was about the same.so he said he looked at the bushings and all that stuff,and he said its all bent,that the car was probally hit up.so im looking for something easy right now just to make the ride a little better and easier,thanx for your help i really do appreciate it.and if anyone else has any info maybe someone who put the blocks,spring lift kits in??pleaseeeeeeeee let me know fellas,i really appreciate it,thanx again legendgs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.