Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends - Here is my dilemma!
I have a 91'L Sedan(auto, charcoal grey) right now with 121K miles. I bought it 2 years ago for $8600 and have spent atleast $2000 over the last 2 years maintaining it.

I have just test driven a 1994 GS Sedan (Black/Tan interior) with 104K miles and I absolutely love the car! Everything works and the car has amazing pull!!!!

My wife wants me to sell my 91L if I wanna buy this 94 GS.
The dealer is asking $11,995 plus tax, license for 94GS.
I am offering him $10500 (out the door). His last price is $11000 (out the door).

So, what should I do?

Should I buy the 94 GS and then sell my 91L on my own - I don;t want to trade it in because I know dealer won't give me much.

So, friends please help me here and throw some ideas at me!!!!!!!
Thanks!!
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
802 Posts
buy the GS and sell the 91...or better yet, give me the phone number to the dealer and i'll buy it

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I agree, sell the 91 on your own and then buy the GS from the dealership. Like you said, if you trade it the dealership is gonna lowball you and not give you much for the 91.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Well I will tell you this, I love my 94 GS. I never drove a TypeI so I don't know how much more powerful the TypeII is compared to it. Besides the paper specs, 30HP more.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
just be reasonable and understand that people will start buying cars in the springtime, compared to now in the wintertime...

so my suggestion? Price the 91 L REASONABLY... and get the GS.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks friends! I think I'll get the GS now and then sell the 91L at a resonable price at my own convenience. if I wait for my 91L to sell, this car will be gone.

The car is in Southern California - I think I'll run the car fax on it too.

I can really tell the difference between my 91L Type I engine and this Type II engine - amazing pull plus the car is in so much better condition than mine.

Thanks friends. After I get the car I'll definitely post some pictures!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeah man, even 11k is a good price if it has UNDER 100,000 miles on it...if it has more than that then you gotta work it down to in the 10-10.5k range...else find another one...but definitely sell 91 on your own or on ebay or something....cuz you won't get anything decent from the dealership for a 91....good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts