Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1987 legend a few months ago and i just found this site so yeah :bowdown: The car has some cosmetic defects especially the front of the car because a diesel truck backed into my parked car while i was working :wtf: but i got a used bumper from a junkyard for pretty cheap but the right headlight assembly is pretty messed up and the right fender needs replacing. so if any of you are parting out on your legend just let me know :yes: Umm the odometer says 207000 miles but the man i bought it from said he had a used engine with 100000 miles transplanted in there so it has roughly that many miles. alot of people are telling me to give up on it cuz ive had a lot of problems. not with the engine but with simple tuneup things but ive decided ive put way too much money into it to turn back now lol. the list of things ive replaced... two tires, two windows [both broken by bastard kids] windshield wiper motor [it went out when i, like a dumass, turned it on with a lot of snow on the windshield :wtf: ] battery, cv joints, struts and shocks, bumper, front rotors, all brake pads, master cylinder, upper and lower radiator hoses, timing belt, ac belt, and some other belt :confused: , uhmm... ill think of more later but yeah. as anyone could see it would be very stupid to sell it. more stupid than spending all that money on all that stuff lol. well im leaving the past there and now im going to turn this car into a beast :woot: as far as pictures ill post em as soon as i can get em off my camera

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Welcome to the forum, thats messed up a truck backed into it. Ya I was in the same position as you are where friends and family tell you to get rid of the car. I put so much money into it. Plus I'm not even paying monthly payments like newer cars. Glad your keeping it. What kind of Legend do you have, Auto, Manual, Coupe, Sedan? That way people could tell what you are looking for. The sedan and coupe headlights are way different.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah if anyone has the sunroof glass and weatherstripping i will buy it

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2.5 sedan. manual of course

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
Welcome. I have an '87 sedan as well, and so do some long-time members.
What color combination do you have?

Hope to see pics soon, glad you put the time and money into it. Eventually you'll get to a point where it will be years before you have to do anything very costly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the color combination on my car is blue and gray. except the bumper is black and gray since i got it replaced and i havent gotten around to painting it and to tell you the truth it kinda isnt that noticeable lol. oh and i think that the bumper is to a coupe or maybe a different year so it really doesnt match the car but i still have the original bumper that im thinking about fixing because it really didnt get damaged as having cracks or anything it just got ripped out lol. :( tomorrow ill try to post the pics because its dark outside now :woot:

·
Ridin' Stock son
226 Posts
87 sedan 2.5 manuals unite!

salvage yard is a godsend for us 20+ year old guys

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dammit i cant upload any photos cuz it just keeps saying failed...

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Are you trying to put a pic on your avatar or show multiple pics of your ride? Use photobucket.com to upload pics there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MY LEGEND

the first picture is the damge on my fender that i still have not replaced. the second one holds the image of my broken window :wtf: and the last one is of my weird bumper. i think its from a coupe or maybe another year.. pretty much everything else is intact ill upload more pics later when i erase all the pictures on my camera. the link is 19legend87 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Damn your Legend took a good beating. Hope your able to restore her.

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
You can just post the IMG Code into your post and your pics will show up.

That black bumper is interesting. It's probably from an '89 or '90 sedan, possibly '88. They are shorter. I like your colors, once you get the fender and grille fixed a nice buffing of the paint and cleaning up of the rims should make that car shine a little again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im getting the window fixed soon for about 75 dollars and after that im going to give it a good washing and ill post some more pics.

·
L E G E N D
236 Posts
sweet i a little late on the post but u should get some nice 16'' rims and lower it and it will set the car off. Im in the process of doing to the same besides that im in high school with no job now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts