Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1,000 bucks and a 95 Grand Marquis, im trying to find a good legend in decent shape, but it's really hard to find as i thought it would be. but yesterday we traded our 97 Taurus for a 2000 Malibu, it's very comfortable anyone know how reliable they are?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
They're pretty reliable. I never head any problems happening to the malibu or any chevy vehicle. Just keep track of doing tune-up.

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
Yeah, L4zy is right. The 3.1 is pretty good reliability wise, the only things is they sometimes have a problems passing emissions tests. Also there is no trans dipstick.:(
what how in the blue hell does that pass off?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The Malibu is a POS from my experience. Comes in just behind the Dodge/Plymouth Neon.
Seconded. At least with the Neon you can actually reach parts under the hood. It seems like GMC has decided the way to sell cars is to now make them as frustrating to repair as possible. Just look where they put the battery in Luminas. Fords may break, but at least they are easy to work on:bigok: unless its a 4.6 V8... The only way to remove the engine or even the heads on one of those in a car (not truck) is to lift the entire car about 4 feet, remove everything, and drop it from the bottom. It books at like 8 hours just to remove it..

If you take care of the malibu though, it will last. Proper maintenance is a must on them. Your biggest problem will be cooling system leaks from gaskets. (unless they have updated either the gaskets or dex-cool since i did this professionally 8 years ago) I live in an area where the temp can go from 80 to 30 in a day sometimes, and that may have had some relation, idk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.