Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just trying to introduce myself. Im getting close to buying a 87 Acura Legend. 5spd, with the 2.7l. Dont really know anything about these cars. Ive been a Dodge guy for many years, and have been pretty stuck in my ways on learning only things that pertain to my truck. Im trying to get some info on what i can do to this engine to get a little more out of it. Im buying it as a daily since im dropping a 5.9L in my dakota in two weeks, but still want a little more out of it if you guys know what i mean. Im not new to forums and have found the one im on now (dakota-durango.com) to be very useful. Anyway, hi again and hope i can get some tips from you guys!

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude! Post up some pics of your rides when you get a chance! What's the mileage on the Legend?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he says its got just over 150k on it, but hes not 100%. Needs a clutch too he says. I found a kit for 160, so im not too worried about it. I just REALLY want this car!!
heres my current baby if anyone cares.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
couple questions right off the bat
1. Suspension? Eibach alright? I seriously have no idea what you import guys use. My trucks lowered 4/4, so ride quality means nothing to me.
2. Exterior? Wheels? (I dont even know what bolt pattern this thing has) Clear corners, tinted tail lights, grille inserts or something that, what looks good on these cars? Anyone got some pictures?
3. Clutch Kit? Am i seriously gonna be screwing myself in the long run if i just get a cheap OEM replacement set? I just spent 280 for my clutch kit for my truck, so i dont have a problem spending the money for a Center force kit, unless it really isnt worth it.
4. Interior? Seats is all i really care about. If i have a car, im gonna drive it like one, and i want some seats that will hold my ass still. Any cheap options out there? Ebay? Something will will bolt in to the existing rails from another vehicle?
I hate being a noob and i hate asking so many questions, but again, this is going to be only my second vehicle ever (Ive owned my truck for 4.5 years) and i SOO excited about it.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Where in Kansas are you?

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im in Manhattan.

And thanks for the link, i tried browsing through some of the general info stuff, but theres so much of it!

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
Ya sam o put together a very good resource there for g1s, most anything you can think of should be in there. plus I think he's linked the online manual, which is a must for g1 owners.

but if you can't find specific info with search tool, the g1 section guys are awesome and will help you out with any querries. this site was a big reason I originally bought a g1.

good luck and enjoy

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
im in Manhattan.

And thanks for the link, i tried browsing through some of the general info stuff, but theres so much of it!
I luv aggieville! Welcome to the forum. Please tell me you are not a k-state fan.:giggle:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i saw that there was a whole online tech guide. that is pretty awesome. Although i have access to All-Data anyway, ill probably try to use this as much as possible.

I love aggieville, and why wouldnt i be a K-State fan? I Live less then 5 minutes walking distance from the stadium :D

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
btw that Dodge is clean man!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks bro. Its still one ginormous work in progress. Took a beating this last winter, so its got horrible rust everywhere now. Fenders and passenger door definitely need to be replaced now. Lots of other little things, but it will all come with time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts