Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey plp, I found my GS, it's a 94 except it's metallic green :( 144,00 :( perfect condition, GS 16 rims :( METALLIC GREEN:(:( AND IT'S ONLY 8K!!!!!!!! It's going to b a long day!!!!!!!!!! I can't decide if to get it! I wanted a WHITE GS OR 6 SPEED COUPE! :( Wot do u guys think? Here's the link if u wanna c the pics. Even the engine has a TYPEII emble on it! Help!!!!! Wot do u guys really think??? :(Latin........

http://12.232.206.39/cars/legend_gs.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Damn... That car looks MINT !! I'd get the car and either re-paint it or just drive it until you find your exact match !!

I prefer the darker cars because, IMO they look better with wheel mods and window tint...

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
i mean

144k.. ?

A lot can happen in 144k.

Keep lookin, IMHO.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know 144 is alot, i't almost double wot is supposed to have :(. I ran carfax and it cameout great, nothing bad came out. The color and the miles is the only issue. I need to make up my mind today, because the guy said he'll hold it just 4 me, he has other offers. :( Latin.........

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True my fellow legend lovers...thank u guys 4 ur opinions......last night in bed I dreamed that I was riding tha sucka lol.......I'll wait.......patience is the best..........but wot the heck I'll test drive it again.........VVVRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM VROOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!! OVER AND OUT, LATIN.....

·
Registered
744 Posts
144k is a bit high - but that greatly depends on who drove it and hwy or what. I know its hard if you have the cash and want the car TO ABSTAIN - but, then again, were talking 8k as opposed to a '94 GS w/ half that for what 12 - 13.

CARFAX IS A JOKE - TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. There are states that carfax does not pick up on and not every collision is reported either.

If you have the last 5 digits of the vin - call the acura dealer that is located nearest to the vehicle location and ask if it has ever been in the shop and if so, for what.

I do wish you the best. You must do the research, and I would not buy a vehicle unless I took it with the owner for a good test drive.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True that to carfax, there's no way, but it might pick it up bad things lol. Thanks KNLNGUS about the 5 digit, I'll call Acura when the car that I want is around in the near future!.:D Latin.........

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have a funny story about a carfax report.....

I found a sweet 92 5spd coupe in Vancouver. Only 139 000km, could upgrade warranty to 3 years, nice color, only needed alignment (so they said). It was going for fairly cheap too, around $12000 CDN.

I got the guy to read me a carfax report, and he said it checked out fine.

I was gettting ready to fly out to Vancouver and drive it back to Calgary. The only thing that bugged me is that he did not know when the timing belt was changed, pretty important. So I did what KNLNGUS suggested to you, check with the local Acura dealerships to check for recent work. I phoned one dealership, and they confirmed that the timing belt was done, at 190 000km. HUHHHHH.....So it probably had 239 000 km. Still no too bad.

I phoned the next dealership, and they said it had been in in SEPT 2001 at 310 000km for an oil change, and tranny flush.

Well, you do the math... Buddy rolled back the speedo 200 000km. Thats like ten years of driving. Car fax said it was clean because it had not been registered yet with the rolled back speedo. Be careful.....

I am sure you will find your car. It was nice looking though, and if it checks out with the dealerships, then I would say go for it. Good luck on your search.....:)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
carfax on my new ride

Mckenzie91 said:
I have a funny story about a carfax report.....

I found a sweet 92 5spd coupe in Vancouver. Only 139 000km, could upgrade warranty to 3 years, nice color, only needed alignment (so they said). It was going for fairly cheap too, around $12000 CDN.

I got the guy to read me a carfax report, and he said it checked out fine.

I was gettting ready to fly out to Vancouver and drive it back to Calgary. The only thing that bugged me is that he did not know when the timing belt was changed, pretty important. So I did what KNLNGUS suggested to you, check with the local Acura dealerships to check for recent work. I phoned one dealership, and they confirmed that the timing belt was done, at 190 000km. HUHHHHH.....So it probably had 239 000 km. Still no too bad.

I phoned the next dealership, and they said it had been in in SEPT 2001 at 310 000km for an oil change, and tranny flush.

Well, you do the math... Buddy rolled back the speedo 200 000km. Thats like ten years of driving. Car fax said it was clean because it had not been registered yet with the rolled back speedo. Be careful.....

I am sure you will find your car. It was nice looking though, and if it checks out with the dealerships, then I would say go for it. Good luck on your search.....:)
carfax displays results for my ride in a conflicting fashion.
i got the car w/ 55591.
I got it inspected w/ like 57100.

well, the 57100 comes before the 55591 in the carfax.
so it looks like it was rolled back 1600 miles.
lol..

oh well, whatever

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That I could live with....

When I phoned the dealership back and confronted the salesman, he was like "well, that is how the car came in, so that is how I have to sell it."

200 000km is alotof KMS to roll back.

Jose, if you are unhappy with the odometer fraud on your coupe, I will gladly take it off your hands.....:D LOL

G

·
you guys are worried about 144k miles ?!?!?!. For a 1994 to have that many miles it probably had to be a lot of freeway driving. I bought my 1994 coupe a year ago with 140k miles on it, and it's now at 13k. The car is running great, and I have no signs of any engine problems, just been dumb little things, that are more just from age. Most of our Legends as long as they are taken care of will probably run past 300k miles :D.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Re: 1994 GS

mushskid said:
I know somebody with one for sale >wink...wink< but I'd put 3500 miles on it just to let you test drive it!
Feel Free to drop by anytime:D !!!!!

If you come, bring your woolies though..... Its damn cold here. This will be the third night in a row of -30C.:mad:

My poor legend has no garage to call its own:(.... Oh well.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Id pass too

When ur in lve with something itll cloud ur judgement. You will find a type 2 with 100k soon for same price just keep an open eye, go to yahoo newspapers check all classifieds in ur state and autotrader.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Re: 1994 GS

Mckenzie91 said:

Feel Free to drop by anytime:D !!!!!

If you come, bring your woolies though..... Its damn cold here. This will be the third night in a row of -30C.:mad:

My poor legend has no garage to call its own:(.... Oh well.....
You'll see me before I see you!
FL has ruined me for the cold...I don't go jetskiing unless the gulf is 80 or above...damn that negative degree shiznit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts