Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I tried searching but I didnt find much, except about bleeding the coolant....and I think he might've done that already..

Mechanic says that the HG job is done and the car is running well and is not overheating. The temp. guage, however, says the car is running too hot. Wtf?

The coolant temp. sensor was changed 10k ago, and while changing the HG i had the other sensor changed (under the hood, sends reading to guage)

could my cluster be wrong? is that what i need to change?

HELP! I WANT MY BABY BACK TODAY.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
replace the gauge. once the legend temp gauge hits red. it is broken for good. you must replace the gauge itself ( had the same exact issue )

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yes sir in the cluster.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Did your guage work properly before the HG job?
Are you sure he bled the system properly? Print Mike Diaz's procedure and do it yourself or make your mechanic do it as per the instructions
Did you install a new Thermostat? Are you sure they installed it correctly? I've seen shops install a TS backwards.
Is the cooling system properly pressurized?
Are your fans coming on when they should?

Sorry I have more questions than answers but it may help you diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
taking all bets.. but my money is on the gauge itself.. i ran every diagnostic in the book. including on the wiring of the temp sensor.

and my research brought me to someone on here saying that the temp gauge. once pegged out from an overheat. must be replaced. as it will always peg out once the car is started.

does it seem to just FLY up to the H? like faster than a legend can warm up? from a cold start?

its a CHEAP fix. mine cost me 14 dollars for a type two gauge cluster at the junk yard. so not only did i fix the gauge. i now have type two gauges in my 92 ls cluster.. threw some LEDs in while i had it apart too.

it was a win win.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have to disagree here

I pegged the living hell out of my 93 temp guage I drove 200KM with a 1/4 inch hole in my rad my HG was allready gone so I just wanted to get it home

anyways my temp guage pegged about 20 times that trip and its 100% OK and has been for the last year since i did the HG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the shop today and we messed around with it for a little bit. Took out the thermostat and put it back in, took out the coolant temp. sender and put the old one back in as well. We tried this a few times and eventually it evened out and stayed a little below the middle on the guage (like...3:10ish if you think abut it like a clock).

I guess the STUPID coolant temp. sender i got from advanced auto wasn't working properly. I'm going to clean it up and return that POS.

anyways. cant wait to get her back tomorrow:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.