Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Hi-8 Camcorder recordings can be easily uploaded to a computer or changed to a digital format? I am looking for a really really cheap camcorder and Hi8 is it, but if I want to do this, should I get a digital camcorder? what are the cheapest models?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Go straight for the Mini DV camera. Don't waste yout time converting analouge to digital unless you already have the Hi-8. Since you are planning on investing hundreds of dollars, mights as well just spend another $100 for a Mini DV right off the bat. If not, get a Digital 8. It uses a Hi-8 tape at twice teh speed and records it in digital format and also has the firewire output.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ChrisK said:
Go straight for the Mini DV camera. Don't waste yout time converting analouge to digital unless you already have the Hi-8. Since you are planning on investing hundreds of dollars, mights as well just spend another $100 for a Mini DV right off the bat. If not, get a Digital 8. It uses a Hi-8 tape at twice teh speed and records it in digital format and also has the firewire output.
Agreed ;)

-GR

·
Registered
347 Posts
yep - chrisk is on the money. Definately go digital.
sony have some deals at the mo bundling their digital MV camers with a firewire card for the pc. We got one about 3 months ago instead of a digital camera (it's got a 3 mpixel camera in it, so it's fine for posting pics etc). It's much easier to edit etc with digital, and transferring data to the pc is very easy although it chews through storage pretty quickly.

good luck

rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.