Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain to me why you can't have high beams in 1-piece headlights? Mine has fogs in them and I want to put high beams in them.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
You can have real high beam with the 1 piece if you are using the original halogen H4H bulbs that came with it. Simple connect your high beam to the high beam of the H4H. You do however need to use a relay, as our Legends use a low/high beam together (Both on at the same time) while the H4, and H4H needs to have one or the other. As the high beam comes on in the H4/H4H, the low beam turns off. You need a relay to cut power to the low beam when the high beam is activated. I have already performed this midification on my EDM lights that use H4 bulbs on a test bench inside my EMD housing. However, I use real HIDs, so I don;t have it set up this way on my actual car.

If you are using a HID kit on the 1 piece, then you will never have real functining high beams as the foglight is not a true high beam optics. You can however turn your foglights into a fake high beam by connecting them to your high beam wiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.