Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just had my valve cover gasket changed and a new fuel filter put in... car is reallll quiet now compared to before and much smoother ride... only problem is when i run the car for a while.. say 15 minutes or so and i come to a stop the car hiccups constantly... like once every 2-3 seconds... if i throw it into park at that time it will stop.. but once i put it back to drive it hiccups again... im planning on bleeding the coolant tomorrow but could it be a bad job on the valve cover gasket or the fuel filter? oh yea i got new spark plugs too ngk plat... couuld it be it takes a while for the car to get use to the new spark plugs or fuel filter? searched but no one seems to have any comment about the situation besides saying it might be the coolant... just thought maybe the new stuff might have affected it. thanks

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^bump i was told to "Buy a tube of dialectric grease for $5 and squirt a glob inside each coil pack boot." anyone think this will help??

·
Registered
672 Posts
^bump i was told to "Buy a tube of dialectric grease for $5 and squirt a glob inside each coil pack boot." anyone think this will help??
For $5 and about a half hour of your time....isn't it worth a try?

Also make sure all of your vacuum hoses are still connected - that you didn't pull one off by accident when you removed the valve covers. I also replaced the PCV valve on mine when I did my valve covers, although I don't think that would cause the problem. If your car ran fine before the valve cover gaskets and you did not disconnect anything in the cooling system - that should not have been affected.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Might, try unhooking the battery for a half hour and hooking back up, to reset the ecu. Remember though you'll need the radio code!

Might be the PCV valve too?

·
Registered
672 Posts
well i just had my valve cover gasket changed and a new fuel filter put in... car is reallll quiet now compared to before and much smoother ride... only problem is when i run the car for a while.. say 15 minutes or so and i come to a stop the car hiccups constantly... like once every 2-3 seconds... if i throw it into park at that time it will stop.. but once i put it back to drive it hiccups again... im planning on bleeding the coolant tomorrow but could it be a bad job on the valve cover gasket or the fuel filter? oh yea i got new spark plugs too ngk plat... couuld it be it takes a while for the car to get use to the new spark plugs or fuel filter? searched but no one seems to have any comment about the situation besides saying it might be the coolant... just thought maybe the new stuff might have affected it. thanks
One more thing...valve cover gaskets will not give you a quieter, smoother ride.

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might, try unhooking the battery for a half hour and hooking back up, to reset the ecu. Remember though you'll need the radio code!

Might be the PCV valve too?
i pulled the acg fuse yesterday to reset the ecu but it didnt help.... checked all the tubes and such they are fine... which pvc tube? ill try the degreaser when autozone opens....

·
Registered
672 Posts
i pulled the acg fuse yesterday to reset the ecu but it didnt help.... checked all the tubes and such they are fine... which pvc tube? ill try the degreaser when autozone opens....
PCV valve...small black plastic part inserted in top of valve cover attached to hose (about $5). And it's not degreaser - it's dielectric grease.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hey m3456y i put the glod of grease in the tube right not around?
Yes sir.

In the tube end of the coil pack. It will ensure you get a good connection with your new spark plugs. The stuff is magic for problems like this.

·
hi....
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

who thinks maybe my coil pack is messed up? hmmmmm.. not me... went to my mechanic and showed him this pic and he gave me his old coil pack he had for his old legend... for free... what a niice guy... installed it myself and viola all fixed no more hiccups... and yes i put the dielectric grease in the tube.. thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
672 Posts

who thinks maybe my coil pack is messed up? hmmmmm.. not me... went to my mechanic and showed him this pic and he gave me his old coil pack he had for his old legend... for free... what a niice guy... installed it myself and viola all fixed no more hiccups... and yes i put the dielectric grease in the tube.. thanks for the help guys...
It had to be something with the coilpacks - the way you described it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts