Acura Legend Forum banner

HID Kit for JDM headlights

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  gAmEs0n 
#1 ·
#2 ·
yeah thats how the JDM's are, where the high beam would be on ours is a yellow fog light for theirs, how funky is that huh?

#4 ·
legendarith said:
SO BASICALLY, we could just get the H4 HID kit for our JDM one-piece headlights? If so, then I just found the answer I've been looking for for the past month! :)

I heard something has to be altered for a perfect fit.
NOTE:

H4 and H4H are different.

#5 · (Edited)
Jose3030, I know they are different. What I'm saying is, the H4 HID kit is the closest fit for the low/high beam fit for the JDM Headlights.

H4

H4H

Slight modification of the H4 bulb will lead to the possibility of making it fit into the JDM headlights.

visit this link on H4 and H4H fittage:

http://gen2integras.8m.com/tegtips/lighting/#h4htoh4

#6 ·
jose3030 said:

NOTE:

H4 and H4H are different.
So for our JDM 1 piece it needs to be H4H then?

#10 ·
legendarith said:
read my previous post. yes, our jdms use h4h as the low/high beam (similiar to honda civics), but alteration of the h4 bulb makes it possible for the h4 bulb to fit into the h4h slot.

ATTENTION: I JUST FOUND OUT THAT IT'S POSSIBLE TO FIT 9006 HID's INTO THE JDM HEADLIGHTS! :eek:
hi,

do you mean just put the H4 bulb into H4H harness with mods? how about just change the whole harness? I am going to get my JDM one piece 4 door sedan soon and I don't plan to splice the wires. Instead, I am planning to put the OEM USDM wiring harness into the JDM one piece. have you or anyone else try this before except ChrisK?

#11 ·
gAmEs0n said:

hi,

do you mean just put the H4 bulb into H4H harness with mods? how about just change the whole harness? I am going to get my JDM one piece 4 door sedan soon and I don't plan to splice the wires. Instead, I am planning to put the OEM USDM wiring harness into the JDM one piece. have you or anyone else try this before except ChrisK?
It is not just the harness, it is the mounting base of the H4 and H4H that are different as well. See the picture above elswhere in post.

#12 ·
ChrisK said:

It is not just the harness, it is the mounting base of the H4 and H4H that are different as well. See the picture above elswhere in post.
yeah, i know. my bad for not making it clear enough. thanks for the reminder

probably i should say, has anyone try to put the entire OEM USDM harness, wiring, etc H4 type to fit the H4H slot from the one piece headlight?

thanks.

#13 ·
gAmEs0n said:

yeah, i know. my bad for not making it clear enough. thanks for the reminder

probably i should say, has anyone try to put the entire OEM USDM harness, wiring, etc H4 type to fit the H4H slot from the one piece headlight?

thanks.
I think it's not all that hard just by looking at it.
I would of did the modification if it wasn't for me doing a whole retrofit with
Audi A6's projectors in my 1-piece, similar to Matt's with his BMW X5 lights.

I know Dv8, has done it with the 9006 HID bulbs in the sedan 1-piece.

#15 ·
Darith brought up a good point, how will the high beam work, since the wiring for our assemblies splits the low/high beams wires? if the JDM was put in, that means u really couldn't have a high beam right? it would be the yellow light that lights up right?

#16 ·
Yup, one would lose the high beam, unless you can rig it somehow using the 4H4 bulb with the US harness and have a separate switch for the fogs.

#17 ·
TYPEII said:
Yup, one would lose the high beam, unless you can rig it somehow using the 4H4 bulb with the US harness and have a separate switch for the fogs.
that sounds like an electrical nightmare....any takers to solve it:D

#18 ·
hi

so u think it's hard to put the low beam and high beam at the same place in the JDM one piece where the OEM USDM headlight are?

if someone modify the slot somehow to fit the H4 bulb into the H4H slot, then for the high beam, can't you just put it at where the JDM fog are with some modification? or you have to sacriface and not having the high beam if you route to modify the H4H to fit H4?

#19 ·
Actually, when Eric Y had his 95 Coupe with 1 piece, he had the H4H wired to the hgih and low beam and used a US version foglight switch to turn on the inside goflights. It was the best of both worlds. As far as I know, H4H, is still simply a 3 prong bulb with a common ground. You simply need to wire the common ground to the low beam ground, and wire the low beam positive to the low beam prong, and the high bean positive to the high beam prong. I believe the low beam wire on the US verion harness in green, and the high beam wire is red, while both use black for ground. But with HID lights, you simply loose the high beam, unless you fake it by wiring the hgih beam to the JDM foglights.

#20 · (Edited)
ChrisK said:
Actually, when Eric Y had his 95 Coupe with 1 piece, he had the H4H wired to the hgih and low beam and used a US version foglight switch to turn on the inside goflights. It was the best of both worlds. As far as I know, H4H, is still simply a 3 prong bulb with a common ground. You simply need to wire the common ground to the low beam ground, and wire the low beam positive to the low beam prong, and the high bean positive to the high beam prong. I believe the low beam wire on the US verion harness in green, and the high beam wire is red, while both use black for ground. But with HID lights, you simply loose the high beam, unless you fake it by wiring the hgih beam to the JDM foglights.
but i don't have the fog light on my legend. :( so how hard is the wiring to get the JDM one piece fog light to work?

do you think it's possible to get the fog light works without the switch? what i mean is this. everytime you turn on the headlight, the fog light automatically turn on by itself. this way you don't need a swicth for the fog. is this possible?

thanks

#21 ·
gAmEs0n said:

but i don't have the fog light on my legend. :( so how hard is the wiring to get the JDM one piece fog light to work?
He was reffering to the fog light on the JDM

do you think it's possible to get the fog light works without the switch? what i mean is this. everytime you turn on the headlight, the fog light automatically turn on by itself. this way you don't need a swicth for the fog. is this possible?

thanks
Yeah it's possible but it's figuring how to get everything to work how u want to is the tricky problem

#22 ·
gAmEs0n said:

thanks
it really wouldn't be any harder than wiring some aftermarket fog lights in your bumper.....

IF I was doing it I could tell you what to do, but then again I CAN tell you what do to make it happen.

Just follow the instructions for installing fogs (hell, they even sell remote control setups for fog lites for like 50 smackaroos....no wiring or worrying about where to put the switch, etc in your car)

#23 · (Edited)
i think i just figure it out how to do it but with a slight modification

look at this from legend tuner

http://home.mchsi.com/~kojih2/upgrades/bumperfogs.html

in the tutorial, it takes the current from the corner light and use the relay to pass it through the bumper light so the bumper light will have the same effect with the corner light. my plan is by taking the current from the low beam of the headlight and use the relay to pass it through the fog so that my fog will on whenever the low beam is on.

do u think it can be done?

how about the fuse? do i have the same rate or larger rate amps for the fuse? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.