Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i thought of a really cool idea. put an LED in place of the alarm led. a hyper white led with the bluish tinge would be the coolest. i have one rated at 9.5 candle power!! it should be sweet!! i just have one problem..i cant access the led!! i tried prying off the little cover, but that didnt work..it seemed like it was just gonna bust....if any of u guys know how to access the led, or have done this before....i'd appreciate your help!! thanks!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I soldered on a new LED from radio shack when the OE LED crapped the bed.

I used a jewelers flat head screwdriver to pry the cap off and yes you do have to be very carefull. The material that exists above the slot that accomodates the part that slips into it to lock it down is very thin and there is very little of it.

If you do break it... Don't worry because a small drop of expoxy will make for a permanent fix.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanks for ur help....do i pry it off at the sides (left and right) or the front, or the back (near the window)? and how easy was it to take out the old one, and solder a new one in?
thanks 4 ur help!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
You could just take the door panel off and remove it easily from there. It is quite easy to solder the new one in, just make sure you cut the ends (two metal wires on LED) at the right hight so that the LED sits nicely back in the little hole.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Like Eye Candy said...

Remove the door panel - you don't have to remove the all of the electricals or the cable - just be sure to release the cable from the clip.

There will be two small screws securing the ALARM INDICATOR to the door panel. Snap out the electrical connector and remove the screws...

Now... take your jewelers screwdriver and pry the area directly to each side of the clip. this area will bend outward... accomodating the plastic to bend over the piece that rests into the hole (on either side). Be carefull and patient. But if the cap breaks - don't freak out... YOUR VEHICLE WILL STILL RUN (I had to say that because some people freak out when anything breaks). Two dabs of expoy will secure that cap to the housing better than those clips would.

Anyways, like all things that are mounted on a CCA - you must ground yourself or you will fry the card. Take a soldering gun and tweezers or needle nose plyers and melt the solder securing the terminals of the LED.

It was easy for me... because this was like chewing gum (for me).

KNLNGUS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.