Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at get a set of HID's from autolamps. I am having trouble deciding whether to buy the 4100k kit or 6000k kit. Does the 4100k have a blue tint to it? Has anyone who has the 6000k kit ever got pulled over by the cops for them? Is the 6000k kit that much brighter than the other?

I have been trying to make up my mind for a while, but i can't decide. Any info you guys could provide would be helpful.

Also post pics if you have any

·
Registered
851 Posts
Personally, get the 6100k one. It will be bluer or purpler than the regular one. But color is a preference, so you might consider it not good, or out of taste. I never get harrassed by police with my korean made K2 HID kit that emits very purple beam, so I think you should be fine too.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
6000K bulbs are about 25% dimmer than 4100K bulbs....If you are wanting the blue HID color get the 6000Ks...If you are concerned with performance and not color too much, get the 4100Ks. The 4100K bulbs will give you a very white color...But it also has a lot of yellow in it, which IMO, doesn't look good....Many say the decrease in lumens with the 6000K bulbs isn't too noticeable b/c the blue color reflects well on the road and roadsigns....giving a cool effect that impresses your eyes.:)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I would go with the 6000K, the 25% dimmer is still brighter than the OEM halogen.

It will also help to lessing the glare for on coming traffic, plus you have the purple/blue color-the best of both world .

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I agree. I would honestly go with the 6000Ks. You will regret not getting them in the long run.....To be honest, HID conversion kits create light that is brighter than OEM HID b/c all the light is concentrated in the "Not-too-wide" OEM Halogen beam pattern....With OEM HID the beam pattern is spread better to the sides....The point I am making is that with 6000Ks in a halogen housing, you will probably get near the brightness of OEM HID.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts