Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rotate Rotors??? NAAA.

Cut them (if they are still thick enough) - or replace them. There are plenty of reasonably priced aftermarkets available.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
not rotate, you mean machine them if they're still within spec. If they're too thin already, then you'll need new rotors. Now stock rotors cost almost $200 a peice at Acura, I would suggest getting Brembo X-drilled and slotted rotors for $250 shipped for all 4 from raceconcepts, then put them in yourself, it not hard at all. I did the fronts in an hour, still need to find time to do the rears.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Whitelegend...How easy are we talking? My steering wheel has been shaking when braking for the longest time..I got the rotors "turned", then a month later back to shaking...So I know I need new rotors...But my knowledge of tools sucks so I don't think I'm good enough to install rotors...Briefly describe what is involved, if you don't mind...Thanks man...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
no problem Matt,

for the front, tools: 17mm socket, 14mm socket, impact driver, breaker bar, high temp grease.

1. Take off rims.

2. remove 2 14mm bolts on the back of the caliper, lift the caliper up and away from the rotor.

3. Remove the inner and outer break pads from the caliper bracket.

4. remove 2 17mm bolts on the back of the caliper bracket. These were a ***** to remove, a breaker bar would make the task extremly easy. Remove the caliper bracket. Now the rotor is by itself, nothing else attached to it.

5. there are 2 phillips screws that attachs the rotor to the hub. These will definitely be rusted, if your rotors never been removed before. You'll need a impact driver to remove these. (NEVER EVER STRIP THESE SCREWS!!!!) If you don't have a impact driver, you can try to spray some WD40 on it and lose the rust, then just use a screw driver. It worked for me.

6. Now these is nothing holding the rotors on execpt for dirt, grim and rust. There are 2 other holes on the rotor next to the 2 holes that you just took the screws out of. You are suppose to find a bolt that fits those holes, drive the bolt into those holes and in turn will push the rotor out and loosen all the rust, dirt, and grim. I couldn't find a bolt that would fit, so I just used a hammer and pound the back of the rotors until they came loose. Since I was putting in new rotors anyway, it didn't matter to me.

That's all there is to it, put on new rotor the same way the old one came off and put all caliper bracket. To put the pads and caliper back on, read the brake pad replacement procedure on Koji's Legend tuner.

The rears are the same procedures, but I know the size of the bolts are smaller. I don't know exactly how small though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.