Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that when i rev my engine theirs sort of a hissing noise, its been like this since i got the car and doesnt seem to effect the driving anyone else experience this or know what could cause this??

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
do u have an aftermarket air intake?

· Registered
1,696 Posts
i think i know what you mean

if you do it in park i think the hissing is just building up pressure in either the tranny or torque convert(im not sure if the car is using the torque converter in park though)

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
If it were a vaccum leak it would be it's loudest at idle. When you rev, vaccum drops so a vaccum leak is not likely the problem.

I would start by removing the drive belsts and starting to see if it is not your alternator, PS, or compressor & idler pulley. I've seen cracked timing covers on vehicles cause noises similar to the described sound, so check that also.

I have a hissing noise on mine because I have an aftermarket short ram intake. I only hear it when I suddenly floor it. It is from the engine suddenly loosing it's vaccum and sucking the air through the throttle body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.