Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my TypeR stolen and just bought a 92 legend has close to 130,000 miles on it, stock. and have no clue about any aftermarket parts. Insurance is giving $4000 ,I'm wondering what is the best way to have my engine rebuilt, with more horsepower at least to equal the typeR, I would like to stay NA but if there is a supercharger i guess that would be fine too. I havent found a lot of aftermarket parts on the net, hey heres a crazy thought is it posible to swap a 3.2L typeS engine in my car?if you can help in any way please do.
thanks,

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
first, let me say welcome!

Second, you are in the right spot for questions as such!

Third....real answers....
the C32A1 as the Legend Engine is referred to is longitudianlly mounted...so, it makes for a very difficult task to do a swap of that nature. BUT, with money, I guess anything is possible.
To make your life easier, and if you are willing to spend that kind of money...you can find a LOW mileage Type II motor...which off the rip has 30 more hp, and then rebuild the internals. We also have a few peopel working on headers...Dv8 is one of them..scheduled for mid summer.

Supercharger...well, can you say yes...BUT completely custom!
I know of one person that has started (not sure of status) with one - TJ Miles. Dave C can tell you if he is near end on that of yet.

ANy more ?'s

Check the Performance/Tech..they have been asked :) and may even bring a smile to your face.
Also, an FAQ is being worked on as well...but feel free to ask..that is what we are here for ;)

BTW..I did the Type II swap in my coupe and it is one GREAT "mod"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome,

I guess to start, would you happen to know any leads in finding a type II engines, and how much are the headers.

G

·
Once you get the type II there are Intakes, ECU chips, Exhaust, Venom 400, Pullies (Don't think if anyone has em), and of cource NOS!:D

G

·
Yeah, the TII Engine is definitely the biggest upgrade that you can do to a legend if you don't already have one. In may cases thought it may just be easier to sell the Legend and get a 93-95 or a 94-95 GS Sedan if that is your bag ;).

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
WELCOME MUHA HA HA HA, your now in the legend zone a place lost in time and space, as u will see you'll now become one of the children of the DAMNED...........oh wait we're blessed......forget that last "children of the DAMNED" thing

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the Legend and I hope that you get to understand the car like many people in here do and even though we dont have that much aftermarket support, just know that the Legend is a fast car compared to sooo many cars out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts