Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals..

I have a pin size hole on the top of my radiator.(at the base of where the radiator cap goes) I think it's plastic at the top...It doesn't appear to be a MAJOR problem right now as long as I watch the coolant level but I wanted to know if there is something that I could get to seal the little hole on top until I can buy a new radiator.

Thanks

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
Tip: remove the radiator with the cooling fans attached to the radiator. Swap everything over to the new one and install it. The proper bleeding procedure is in the owners manual.

· Registered
77 Posts
LA Legend said:
if the hole is easily asscessible, you can try to just seal it with something like high temp JB weld or something similar to that.
Just replace the radiator and prevent the BHG. The above fix will merely delay the time until a new radiator and will increase the chances of a BHG.

As has been repeated - DO NOT PLAY AROUND WITH THE MAINTENANCE OF YOUR ACURA LEGEND COOLING SYSTEM, unless of course laying down 2K to make your car just drivable again sounds like fun.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I have a radiator with less than 10k for sale. All metal tank. Fits any 91-95 Legend Sedan. PM me if inetersted.

· FIXER
1,720 Posts
if the hole is easily asscessible, you can try to just seal it with something like high temp JB weld or something similar to that.
DO NOT DO THIS ON A LEGEND. TERRIBLE ADVICE.
A radiator cannot be repaired from the outside with epoxy. It will continue to leak and will result in a BHG for sure. Dont do it! Replace the radiator.

I've done this before on other vehicles, it always continues to leak a little. It did get me by until I replaced the radiator but it was not on a Legend. 2nd generation Legend cooling system must be perfect, no margin for errror.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.