Acura Legend Forum banner

holy crap what a rush

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  flashdragoon 
#1 ·
tonite being the first night of summer break, of course me n the boys go out to celebrate n i bring my girl along too. that being said, i took the mercedes (02 E320) and we all chilled at a friends house w/the normal stuff going on (drinking, smoking, etc). well it's about 12 and we gotta start leaving so i drop my girl off n then proceed to take my boys home. so i'm on twinbrook pkwy (in rockville) driving normal and this silver VW with an exhaust note speeds past me. so i floor it and pass him n i thought it was over at that point when suddenly the light turns red. we pull up next to eachother (this is at like 12:30) i drop sportshift into 3rd gear, and the light turns green. i get a pretty bad start but start gaining on him up shifting till i get to 5th gear. I CAN'T CATCH UP TO HIM!!!! lemme tell you, i think it was a Golf TDI cuz this thing was QUICK. musta had turbo, exhaust, intake etc etc, it was stick and light too. this guy could drive. we hit like 123 mph and cut it off, we pull up to a light n the guy gives me a nod and the peace sign i give him thumbs up and we go our way. me n my friends couldn't blieve how quick that thing was...man i think if i was in the ledge i woulda had my ass handed to me. it was exhilarating tho, my heart was thumping all the way home. nice night.

#3 ·
TDI's have great pull off the line.... they're Diesel so the name of the game is low end torque. Neuspeed makes a great chip for the TDI. I've seen TDI powered cars pull on VR6's, but above 65 the TDI just can't keep up with the VR6.

Since it had an exhaust and you couldn't catch him, I doubt that it was a TDI. Diesel engines don't sound any different when you put an exhaust on them. Yes, the TDI is a turbo, but it is like all Diesel engines in that it has no high end power.

#5 ·
94legendsedan said:
tonite being the first night of summer break, of course me n the boys go out to celebrate n i bring my girl along too. that being said, i took the mercedes (02 E320) and we all chilled at a friends house w/the normal stuff going on (drinking, smoking, etc). well it's about 12 and we gotta start leaving so i drop my girl off n then proceed to take my boys home. so i'm on twinbrook pkwy (in rockville) driving normal and this silver VW with an exhaust note speeds past me. so i floor it and pass him n i thought it was over at that point when suddenly the light turns red. we pull up next to eachother (this is at like 12:30) i drop sportshift into 3rd gear, and the light turns green. i get a pretty bad start but start gaining on him up shifting till i get to 5th gear. I CAN'T CATCH UP TO HIM!!!! lemme tell you, i think it was a Golf TDI cuz this thing was QUICK. musta had turbo, exhaust, intake etc etc, it was stick and light too. this guy could drive. we hit like 123 mph and cut it off, we pull up to a light n the guy gives me a nod and the peace sign i give him thumbs up and we go our way. me n my friends couldn't blieve how quick that thing was...man i think if i was in the ledge i woulda had my ass handed to me. it was exhilarating tho, my heart was thumping all the way home. nice night.
123 mph in the city after drinking and smoking:rolleyes: Don't street race, keep it safe at the tracks

#6 ·
I had a high-end race with a Golf GTI 1.8T with, he said ti was a Garrison (I think that was the name) chip. He claimed over 200hp from it and we were dead even on the highway. It felt weird. We started and I hear my engine see my speed gaining like mad and look over and still see this Golf with me. Almost gianing a little but then falling back ever so slowly at the higher speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.