Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey my friends!!! my name is andres and im from venezuela... i have a 92 black honda legend sedan (my daily car) im very proud with this car: comfortable, luxurious and relatively fast... too much for me jaja...

the car have good power, it can touch the 230 km/h (144 mph) on stock conditions... but i want to up the power:

what things i can to quit o delete in my car to find some extra power???

can i remove the catalytic converter?? i will have problems with backpressure???

this is my car:

sorry for the bad pics these was shot with my cellphone... :(

cheers my friends :thumbsup:

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
Welcome ..removing the catalytic converter will only pollute the air, it may also increase the hp. Many of us us a high flow catalytic converter such as magma flow or whatever brand found on ebay.com

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
JDM Legend nice!

The only thing I don't like about living in America, When I lived in the caribbean you got choices of what kind of cars to buy USDM, JDM, EDM.

switch to a Type II intake manifold will get you more power.

EDIT: You Venezuela how much you guys paying for gas?

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
el show off...o
aahahahahaha you sound like my stepdad,

we were in a mexican restaurant and he was like el tacos mucho mucho cheese..o hahahahah

and i speak a bit of spanish but not much..

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
last i heard venezuela had the cheapest gas in the world---$0.08 a gallon!

Could be wrong though--->don't quote me!

·
Registered
623 Posts
last i heard venezuela had the cheapest gas in the world---$0.08 a gallon!

Could be wrong though--->don't quote me!
dude, you can't tell legendheads that! now everyone is gonna want to move to venezuela so they can drive the piss out of their legends.

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
nice legend!

more power, like someone said, Telion chip! cold air intake. you can remove the cat, it'll decrease back pressure, might net you 5whp or so. I think the typeII guys saw almost 9hp from removing our 3 CATS!

as someone also said, TypeII intake manifold comes to mind. maybe even port and polish the intake manifold while its off. EGR block plate might give u a HP or 2.

THere really isn't much for our cars, if u are feeling bold, you can get OBX headers, maybe LabRats Alumn light weight pulley's or a Blackend motorsports Damper.

you might also want to consider Nitrous, it might be the best boost, just be carefull and don't blow your motor!

BTW guys that looks like a USDM legend to me with HONDA badging. as it doesn't have EDM or JDM headlights nor fender turn signals...

·
Legend Enthusiast
822 Posts
¡Bienvenido a los forums! Yo soy Argentino, pero vivo en California. :)

It is very nice to see another Legend from another part of the world, South America even more intriguing! I wonder what the distribution of Legends around the world looks like.

As for your question, keep it OEM and simple. Cold Air Intake, Exhaust, and Suspension mods are all I have. Power is nice, but reliability and comfort are more important.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Are there many Legends in Venezuela? I travel to Peru alot and I've only seen one very beat up one there. I can imagine it's imposible to find parts there.

I'm curious how much gas is there too.

Let's see some more pictures.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You dont need back pressure. intake and exhaust will make the car breath better, but you'll need to get your ECU chipped to even notice a difference without all the noise... Once the fuel is burnt you want it out the car asap.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Hey dude,

Dominican guy here, I got a 93 Legend coupe 6speed and I speak Spanish Fluently. If you have any questions, let me know!

·
OG Member
1,513 Posts
Are there many Legends in Venezuela? I travel to Peru alot and I've only seen one very beat up one there. I can imagine it's imposible to find parts there.

I'm curious how much gas is there too.

Let's see some more pictures.
Is it a beige g2 sedan? First time I saw it was summer 2002 and it looked like it was in good condition. Everytime I go back I keep my eyes open, but never got see it again. I hope it's not that beat up you're talking about.

Y por favor ka7-venezula, mandanos algunas fotos de venezolanas que son precisosas!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.