Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.... Check this out, not sure if any of you guys have tried this but my co-worker showed me this today and thought it was pretty cool. He said it was almost plug and play (after the aftermarket stereo harness you get of course) :hitit: but I just bought a sweet ass alpine yesterday. What do you guys think??? Sorry for the low res. shot. He has a cheap cell phone

I may do this in the SE once I check out his features.... Id like to keep the cd changer though so Ill have to check the capability.

Attachments

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
That's smokin, Homey! Looks factory installed. Since it's all lit up, I assume it's all HOOKED up, so how does it sound (the FM & cassette)?

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked him and he said it sounds good. He said its got enough power to make him change his mind and remove his 4 channel amp because its not needed anymore. He says the radio (FM) and the CD sound quality is really good. He has aftermarket speakers in already so I guess that makes a good combo.

Im actually gonna cross the dock and check it out at 3 p.m when he gets his break so Ill post up more pics. I doubt my phone will capture a good sound quality video.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thats awesome! It gives an updated look to the car. Would it be compatible with the rest of the stock Bose system?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have the stock Bose head unit with after market speakers, I guess it doesn't much matter for me. I'm really interested in this idea.

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure about the BOSE thing. I gotta find out what year pilot this is off of and then I can check the ohms on it and all that good stuff.

It does update the look.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Its ugly and doesn't blend in at all. It also looks like it doesn't want to fit as flush as the OEM. Nice job either way, though.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
am I the only one that thinks that headunit is ugly as hell? haha
no i second that. Thats why i put a better Eclipse AVN2210p in my car with GPS, Bluetooth hands free calling through the cars speakers, and iPod hookup that works through the touch screen. (I never have to burn another CD again!!!) Best $500 i ever spent. Oh... it sounds sick and looks good too.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
It makes you wonder if any other head units fit from different Acura's/Honda's.
With the right wiring harness adapter alost any Honda/Acura DD radio would fit right?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Doesn't match, but then again not many aftermarket heads do either.

It looks like it's an L with a burlwood console. It's probably not going to work with LS's

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys act as if the bose has an impecable sound... A $50 cd deck sounds 2x as good. Just my honest opinion.

Anyway, it does look a bit alien-ie but its definetly an upgrade.

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
+1 to the fact that an aftermarket cd deck > owns the Bose system...

or

to that its an upgrade? I snapped another pic and heard it. It sounds really good and clear. I even turned it as loud as the stereo will pump and I got no distortion what so ever. Maybe its the aftermarker speakers kicking in but I definetely think it was pretty loud and had a decent amount of Bass popping through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts