Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for a larger rotor upgrade, the Honda S2K comes to mind.Before I go pick up a knuckle from a Honda s2000, has anyone looked into this already:

What I believe to be true:
---s2000 frnt has the same hub bore as us
---s2000 has 11.8in rotors

AND for the question... will the caliper bracket fit our hub?

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I disagree. I believe that the bolt patterns are exactly the same, however the hub bores are off. Ours is 70 and some small change....Preludes sit around 65 or less, which is similar to the V6 accords. But yes, the STI is uber close @ 73.1. My scoob data might be off, but I know it's 73. something. Those of you with aftermarket rims know that 73. something isn't close enough. Thats why we have to deal with hubcentric rings. You can't quite do that with rotors. I think there is a guy on here with a clever solution with the STI rotors...Still waiting patiently for the end result because I think that shit might be good,like really good.
AS A SIDE NOTE I WAS DRIVING A 98 ACCORD THIS WEEKEND AND THE LF BRAKE HOSE PASSED AWAY. THANK GOD FOR GOOD ENGINEERING BECAUSE THE PEDAL DEFINITELY TOOK A DIVE RIGHT TO THE FLOOR AND I HAD BRAKES IN THE LAST 1/4 INCH OF TRAVEL.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no prior experience with the NSX hardware...but yeah the car is 2900lbs and rear/mid engine..I'm sure someone probably beat the point to death already. Slightly smaller hardware w/ more rearward brake bias especially in the 97+ cars== Not the direction I'm going in. But while we are discussing NSX's, I'm meeting up with an NSX guy this weekend for his 16x8's to replace my GS fronts. So...I guess my next sentence should end up in the classified section(HINT). I'm procrastinating on heading up to Newington for the brake stuff, shame on me! OK, back to work I go.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The nsx calipers are the wrong answer as alot of nsx guy's updgrade to the type 2 calipers. the piston size thing might be true and the other difference was that I think the nsx calipers have cooling fins. Either way they're very similar and nsx guy's swap in type2's as they're more readily available.

·
Renaissance.
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm

in pointing that out..you pointed me in the direction of an excellent site to buy brake hardware. I used to use raceshopper.com. I think I'll try these guys out. Have you used them personally?---

cl hub is 64mm--not good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.