Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been searching the net for this and haven't run into it yet. My dilema is that I need to repo a car I have never seen. I have the registration and the bank papers, but there is no mention of the model or color :wtf: Does anyone know where I could find a vin breakdown like the one we have here for the acks?

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its a honda vin, goto the honda/acura owners link, when u sign up you can put in the VIN#, it'll give u some info like color, and a few basic info, you can also goto carfax or that othersite and put in the vin and it'll give you some info too

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?page=/prod_home.asp
Damn soooon, you rock! I've been googling and searching and couldn't find anything and didn't want to buy a carfax. I tried carfax but it doesn't tell me the color. I'm really suprised that the loan papers didn't have the color. I also have to pick up an '03 Harley with the Accord. At least I know what color it is now, so I don't steal the wrong one! That would suck...:rofl:

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It had everything correct as far as what the vin told me, so I will assume it had the color correct. Hopefully it hasn't been repainted or some shit :giggle: I'm going to head that way this weekend to scope things out. I've been looking for this bike and car for more than 6 months, so I'm not in a huge hurry. But I can't wait to get my hands on it! The part that sucks is the bank doesn't have the spare key (dumb) and the best I have is a lockout kit. Hopefully the guy just gives the shit up and doesn't make it hard on me.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lmao! I'm taking my 6'2" bf, who used to be a cop and beats up shoplifters for a living. This guy has no chance between him and me being a hotheaded italian! Ha ha ha!

2,762 Posts
I thought banks just send out repo guys to take care of the dirty work... I watched a neighbor's car get taken once.. they just jimmied the door and were gone in about 90 seconds. When I asked what the hell they were doing.. he just said "I can't tell you" and I immediately knew I should just mind my own bidniss.

Also, there was a guy down the street that was rumored to leave his garage door 1/2 way down, with the ass end of his pickup sticking out, just to tease the repo man...

I don't live in the 'hood, I swear! :D

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought banks just send out repo guys to take care of the dirty work... I watched a neighbor's car get taken once.. they just jimmied the door and were gone in about 90 seconds. When I asked what the hell they were doing.. he just said "I can't tell you" and I immediately knew I should just mind my own bidniss.

Also, there was a guy down the street that was rumored to leave his garage door 1/2 way down, with the ass end of his pickup sticking out, just to tease the repo man...

I don't live in the 'hood, I swear! :D
We have a PI business, which includes repos. Usually you get a spare key to the car, but the girl that got this loan with her boyfriend worked at the bank the loan went through. I've got a lockout kit that will jimmy the door in 30 seconds or less, but driving off with the car is usually easier if you have a key. Most people don't know that if you completely refuse to give up the car, the repo man can't use any type of force to take it.

2,762 Posts
We have a PI business, which includes repos. Usually you get a spare key to the car, but the girl that got this loan with her boyfriend worked at the bank the loan went through. I've got a lockout kit that will jimmy the door in 30 seconds or less, but driving off with the car is usually easier if you have a key. Most people don't know that if you completely refuse to give up the car, the repo man can't use any type of force to take it.
The guy I saw just hooked up to the tow truck and off he went.. does that count as force?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.