Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Victory is fleeting...
Joined
·
5,575 Posts
This has been discussed. It won't happen. For every Legend that has a BHG, Acura will point to ten that have not. They will also point to maintenance records for Legends with BHG versus those without, and provide compelling evidence that neglect lead to the BHG's for most.

The other big problem would be the required concerted effort it would take to get Acura to move on a possible recall. It could take years, even if the three hundred members here who have had a BHG all agreed to stick it out and pursue it. In reality, most of us will sell the car or junk it, and Acura knows this.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
duck said:
This has been discussed. It won't happen. For every Legend that has a BHG, Acura will point to ten that have not. They will also point to maintenance records for Legends with BHG versus those without, and provide compelling evidence that neglect lead to the BHG's for most.

The other big problem would be the required concerted effort it would take to get Acura to move on a possible recall. It could take years, even if the three hundred members here who have had a BHG all agreed to stick it out and pursue it. In reality, most of us will sell the car or junk it, and Acura knows this.
:werd:
 

· has left the building
Joined
·
7,314 Posts
khoerling said:
Let's begin a class action law suit against Acura for defective oil too.
I can't believe that I have to replace it every 3k!
That is insane! It should last forever!

k.
Muhahahaha. Defective antifreeze and tranny fluid, too. The other will never fly. It's a 10-15 year old car, for chrissakes.
 

· dealer-opted track pack
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
stevieray said:
Muhahahaha. Defective antifreeze and tranny fluid, too. The other will never fly. It's a 10-15 year old car, for chrissakes.
My family has owned three Legends:
a '91 with 253,000mi.,
an '89 with 145,000k,
and a '94 with 143,000k.

I personally owned/own the latter two Legends,
though I meticulously maintained all three of these cars.
Knock on wood, but none of the cars blew a head gasket.
Maybe it's because proper maintenance pays off.

Some of you are just unlucky--this much is true.
Still, most of you with bad head gaskets neglect to maintain your Legend!

k.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
One thing you have to consider is while (I'm guessing) 30-40% of the posts on this forum are related to BHG, we are a very small group of Legend owners. Like someone else already mentioned, there are probably 10 (although I'd guess more like 25) for every one Legend with a BHG on the street. And... of course every person registered here is going to post a problem like this but remain quiet if the car is running fine. I bet if a poll was started and every registered member voted, less than 15% would show with blown head gaskets at one time or another.

Something else I'm reminded of is when I was looking for my sedan, 90% of the cars I found were in the 160-250k range. They must have done something right along the way. My guess is scheduled maintenance.;)
 

· I'van der Rohe
Joined
·
13,069 Posts
:giggle:@ original post

khoerling said:
Let's begin a class action law suit against Acura for defective oil too.
I can't believe that I have to replace it every 3k!
That is insane! It should last forever!

k.

StevieRay said:
Muhahahaha. Defective antifreeze and tranny fluid, too. The other will never fly...
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

funnyjunkdotnet

:werd: to people who know it's not the car's fault, it's the owner's fault.
 

· D'Nejel Ar-Ukca IIV/_\|<
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
duck said:
This has been discussed. It won't happen. For every Legend that has a BHG, Acura will point to ten that have not. They will also point to maintenance records for Legends with BHG versus those without, and provide compelling evidence that neglect lead to the BHG's for most.

The other big problem would be the required concerted effort it would take to get Acura to move on a possible recall. It could take years, even if the three hundred members here who have had a BHG all agreed to stick it out and pursue it. In reality, most of us will sell the car or junk it, and Acura knows this.
like duck said Acura (Honda) will wichy-wachy their way out of any corner they get backed into...solution: find a honda specialist in your area that doesn't charge the stealership's murderous labor rate($90 or so)...and when time for your timing belt/water pump change - ask for the pcv/valve seal&rings/piston/HG (not necessarily all 4)??? I have a distinct feeling that this is absolute nonsense because this might actually end up being infinitely less cost-effective than getting a new motor shod in there...guys>input :confused:...
 

· has left the building
Joined
·
7,314 Posts
LS92Sedan said:
:eek: you mean my oil wont last forever?

:giggle: funny azz story about that, when I was working for Lexus, some guy went 11k without an oil change on a brand new GS300, and would you beleive he wanted his head job covered under warranty, even more disturbing was the dealership actually covered it! Needless to say when the head came off it looked like pudding in the head, we replaced the whole motor free of charge to this guy, people like this should have their priveledge to own and drive nice cars revoked!
Like I said in another thread, people are basically stupid.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top