Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my god, I was washing my car one gorgeous Friday, and after finshing, I pop my hood to take a look at the engine... and as I raise the Hood, I hear this spraying noise coming from my right hood stand, then all this Pink foam starts spraying out of it and my hood won't stay up now! GOD this is frustrating, I understand Acura being unique and all with this locking hydraulic hood supporter, but at least give me a backup stand, just in case!
ANYWAY, enuf sobbing, anyone know where I can buy a replacement? Or do I have to order another stand?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
x3roman said:
Oh my god, I was washing my car one gorgeous Friday, and after finshing, I pop my hood to take a look at the engine... and as I raise the Hood, I hear this spraying noise coming from my right hood stand, then all this Pink foam starts spraying out of it and my hood won't stay up now! GOD this is frustrating, I understand Acura being unique and all with this locking hydraulic hood supporter, but at least give me a backup stand, just in case!
ANYWAY, enuf sobbing, anyone know where I can buy a replacement? Or do I have to order another stand?
do a search...on here...I think its partsamerica.com that sells them for 19.95 each

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
There has been many posts indicating sources, but I don't remember any source having an exact design OEM hood strut. Most aftermarket ones use adapters at one or both ends or want you to perform some engineering to make the strut fit and work.

The most inexpensive source for the OEM strut is Acura of Augusta
1-800-736-6818. They list for around $90 each. Although not inexpensive, you can replace the struts in under 10 min. Besides, how often do you think your going to have to replace them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The ones from partsamerica, AKA Advance Auto, work fine. I just replaced mine about two weeks ago. No problems and they only cost $23 each as opposed to $90! These hood supports are just like the ones you remove so install is very easy. Only catch is to be sure and place the bracket that attaches to the hood as flush with the hood as possible. If you reverse it, the hood will still close, but the midpoint between the hood hinge and latch will flex. I did this at first, but no permanent damage luckily.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ditto on that reversal. Scared the crap outa me when I closed the hood to see the bend. I also used the $23 ones at advanced auto. It works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.