Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 92 sedan I just bought, the hood latch doesn't hold the hood down all the way causing a slight gap between the hood and fenders. Also when I drive I can see the hood vibrating up and down on some roads. Is there any part of the hood latch that I can tighten to remedy this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd love to know this as well. After a front end collision a while back, I got a new hood, and it also bounces a little when I drive at highway speeds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trojan Horse,

I just fixed my problem by unscrewing the hood latch and dousing it with WD40. Apparently there was a large amount of gunk on the hood latch which prevented the hood from closing all the way. I don't know if this will fix your problem though, but it's worth taking a look. You might be better off replacing your hood latch since you said you were in a front end accident. It's around 45 dollars at the dealer.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
It's too dark at 5 am for me to go outside. However, as a rule, there are usually two rubber cushions on each side of the front of the hood which usually can be screwed up/down to provide some adjustment to less vibration. The hood latch assy itself also typically has some adjustment.

The Legend, like most Asian autos, has no front sheetmetal adjustment. All points must be within spec for all the parts to properly fit. If you have been involved in an accident, you may have to have a "tweak" on the frame machine in order to bring the front end (radiator support/upper tiebar) back to spec. A misadjusted hood could also be due to one or both hinges being bent or even a twist in the hood itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.