Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the shocks on my '91 sedan's hood have worn out. the dealer wants 110 bucks EACH for these puppies! anyone know of a cheaper place? or another fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Acurate...are they as strong as the stock ones?

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah the stores should have a couple of different types ( price may increase a LITTLE bit for the better ones) but i think i paid like 30 for mine a while back and havent had any problems with them at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up paying about 60 each for some lifetime warrantied units from Monroe.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Anyone aware if aftermarkets are available for a G2 Coupe?

Last I checked I had to order a factory replacement for $70.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check my previous post...

I got them from Monroe...with lifetime warranty, for $60 each. A bit more than Pep Boys, but cheaper than the dealer, and the warranty sold me.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Check my previous post...

Willie said:
I got them from Monroe...with lifetime warranty, for $60 each. A bit more than Pep Boys, but cheaper than the dealer, and the warranty sold me.
I'm pretty sure sedan struts are different from coupes. Thats why I'm wondering if they developed an aftermarket replacement for the coupe. The last I checked Acura of Augusta only wanted approx $70 each. $60 for aftermarket is rather expensive.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
A few yrs ago I went in search of hood struts for my 92 Cpe. Initially ordered a set of Monroes. They used adapters at both ends, which was not acceptable. Finally ordered from A&H for around $70 ea. Check Acura of Augusta (1-800-736-6818) for the lowest price. The OEM struts list for over $90 ea. Not inexpensive, but they fit and can be installed in under 10 min. Besides, how often will they require replacement?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts