Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever replaced the hood shocks? My hood won't stay up anymore with the original hood lifts. Where can I get replacements that work and fit exactly as the OEM hood shocks? Part # would be appreciated if possible.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
go to pep boys. they got em in stock.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
or autozone- $22 each

It's really easy to change

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
NAPA

Hey,

I got mine at NAPA for about $20 each. I threw away the packaging so I don't have a part number for you. Sorry. The hood shock replacement is very easy to do though.

Charles

·
Registered
541 Posts
i heard those places didnt have it for our car. some1 on the forum told me the name of an online place..like procarparts? or soemthign like that. The dealer quoted me at 40 for each side. that is for OEM honda.

·
Registered
926 Posts
slugman said:
use a broken broom :)
LMAO Hey when I first got my legend i used a 2x4 to hold the hood up!!! I used to keep it in the trunk!!! Then I went to pep boys and got new ones, Don't remember how much they cost, but they weren't that expensive.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
legenddriverc said:

LMAO Hey when I first got my legend i used a 2x4 to hold the hood up!!! I used to keep it in the trunk!!! Then I went to pep boys and got new ones, Don't remember how much they cost, but they weren't that expensive.
.... hey, me too!
it was so gangsta.

·
Registered
347 Posts
bend one shock

someone posted this idea a while ago - I tried it out on the weekend, works fine.
You slighly bend one shock by pushing it from the side whilst the hood is up, just enough to create some additional resistance and stop the hood from slamming down on your head.
There is a little more resistance when pulling the hood up, but it stays up fine, you can't notice it's bent or anything,
plus it's free.

richard

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
My uncle installed one of those metal things cars normally have that don't have hood shocks, on his 87 coupe, seems to work really well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts