Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so I went to Montreal Quebec today, if anyone knows where this is.. i hope you all do... "the french".. anyways.. the roads there sucks, on and off the highway. i think my driver side hood strut is dooooone.. makes squeeeky noises all the time now. I plan on taking them off, now I just want to know .. can the car be driven properly without them? What i mean is... is it good for the hood, and will there be even more noises?. I will get new ones, just maybe a week or two from now.

let me know please.
Thanks

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
how would they make noise if theyre in a still position while driving?

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really dont know!! :(.. i stopped my car. and like.. its loose. like when i open my hood. that one side seems alot looser (the hood isnt up as tight) as the other side, and when i close the hood, that side squeaks.
could my hood be loose? but i checked it.. its not .. unless i missed something...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Open your hood and look on the above your lights on the frame that goes across the front. There should be a black round rubber piece on each side close to the fender. These rubber pieces are "screwed" into the metal and can be turned to adjust the height of the stoppers to make your hood align with your fenders and to keep your hood from rattling. Adjust the side that seems loose and see if that helps.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how the heck to i get to the screw. it seems to be on the other side of the frame of the the car.. id have to take my headlights off .. ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts