Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can buy one of the hood support things?(i dont know what to call em) any aftermarket kinds that are chrome or something? how much?

·
Registered
130 Posts
how do u take those off to replace them? i have some i've had for a while but i didn't get any instructions and i don't know how to install them. thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
you will need two people to finish this. well, if you are confident that you are a strong person, then you can try to use one hand hold on nearly 100pounds hood, meanwhile use another hand to unscrew the broken lift. forget it!

it is not that hard, just unscrew two ends and pop in the new one, it should be working. the hard part is the lower part which is located inside of the front fender. it is a screw with a ball shaped end allowing the lift arm move freely. you have to pop the joint connector out in order to unscrew this sucker.

safty dude, the hood is heavy as hell

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The problem with most aftermarket hood struts is that they use adapters at one or both ends. IMO this is very "Mickey Mouse". Although the OEM struts at discount are approx. $60 ea, they install in less than 10 min and are direct replacements. Besides, how often do you think you are going to have to replace the struts? Contact Acura of Augusta 1-800-736-6818 for discount OEM parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts