Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would someone do this? Since I got the car the horn didn't work! I just now decided to crawl under the hood with my testlight and multimeter to see what was wrong! After spending 2 hours testing everything from the Security control module/ horn buttons to the relay (all tested fine) I decided to find the horn. I noticed that it was just unplugged. My questions are: Why would someone unplug the horn if it works properly and also are there two horns on the car or just the one under the hood right in front of the motor?

Later!
Lenny

· Registered
54 Posts
my lower (right side) horn had a short in it that caused the fuse to blow everytime I hit it. I disconnected it - no more blown fuses.

Once you reconnect it make sure your horn, brake lights, and gear selector work (it's all connected). If not check the fuse.

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arcinguy said:
1. Why didnt you check to see if it was plugged in before you went crazy with your multimeter?
2. i think one of the horns is for the alarm, cuz its not the same one on the alarm as it is on the steering wheel.
That's actually kinda wierd because I set the alarm off this morning and the same horn started going and the steering wheel buttons run that horn also. I'm gonna look for the second horn today and see if that one is disconnected also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.