Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have never like the legend's horn. When I used to drive civics and other small cars, it was OK, but the Leg' is so much more a MAN's car. It needs a MAN's "Get the hell out of my way" kind of horn. Anyone know if the horn is easy to change? I looked for it last year and couldn't find it, but in feeling out the car for CAI, I think I ran into the little beeper in front of the radiator. A little help? :confused:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i actullay don't remember what the horn sounds like. that's the first thing i changed when i got the car 3 years ago. i now have 7 hellas in the front. thinkin of swapping them all out and putting in a fire truck air horns. those are prety loud.

-j

·
Registered
60 Posts
The trouble I have with the horn is that it is just the 2 little buttons on the steering wheel and when i need to use my horn i cant look down to find them. I always hit the center of the steering wheel thinking that it is the horn. And also the horn sound does not fit the Legend at all.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Roger said:
that is the horn up front just change it
GREAT DIRECTIONS Roger. I was asking, because I have never changed my horn before. I figured since other people have, then maybe they could give me some insight. This way I can avoid making any mistakes. We do that here, right?! ;)
BTW Where is the poll, anyway?

·
2,873 Posts
Yea the first thing i noticed when i got my legend was how wimpy it sounded. So I changed them and put in BMW 7 series horns. A bit more high pitched (which is what you want on the highway)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought a pair of FIAMM Highway Blasters (or something like that) at a Kragen for a paltry sum. They sounds MUCH better than the stock horns.

Which, by the way, reminds me. There are two horns in every car. On the Legend, one horn is in front of the radiator, down near the ground, and the other is on the side of the pan where the battery sits.

I didn't feel like pulling my bumper off just to replace a horn, so I just reached in and snipped the wires to the lower horn. Then I cut the wires off of the battery-mounted horn and ran them to the new horns (in series, I think). I have the new ones mounted right behind the grill, but you can't see them because of the mesh.

Oh yeah, and make sure you pount the opening of the horn down, so that water doesn't accumulate inside the horn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts