Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hi....
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well to start it off when i go to work this morning at 5am i get pulled over on northern blvd by a cop.. he said that i did not come to a complete stop at the stop sign and switch 2 lanes without signalling.. np i hand him my license registration and insurance and leave my PBA card out in plain view so he can see it... i told him i was goiing to work and that i was late... he goes back into his car and comes back 10 mins later hands me my stuff and says sorry for pulling you over, i know you late for work but be careful its wet out... no ticket no nothing.. :bowdown: :bowdown: i was happy and felt i was very lucky... well i get to the block of my job and make a right turn following a bmw x5, she pulls wide to the left so i stick to my right and gas up... as my driver side window clears her front bumper i see her wheel turning, i honk she flutters and BAM hits my rear fender... the pics dont look too serious but its pretty bad.. i was mad as hell that she had absolutely no damages except for MY black paint on her white bumper, well i look over the situation and come to a conclusion that it was technically my fault because it was not a 2 lane road just a extra wide 1 laner and since it was 5Am no cars were parked on the street so it was extra wide.. i tell her whatever ill fix the damages lets just go on our way... in broken english she says no.. report.. police. her daughter comes 15 min later.. calls the cops.. so now im extra pissed cuz i know the cops will take forever.. well an hour and a half later they show... 1 cop takes my story and basucally came to the same conclusion as me that it was a 50-50 fault.. and since i only have liabilty its not worth claiming, lady stilll wants a report but they somehow persuade not to file claims. sorry for the long version guys... just wanted to vent... ::sigh:: the meet is coming up soon too and now this... dunno if i can get it fixed by may 18.. if not ill prob be out of the meet... anyone wanna takes guesses at the price of damage?

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
just scratches? or are there dents? .. prolly 300-500$ from a body shop.

considering i got quoted 150$ for the back of the trunk lid..

if there is body work to be done.. .. damn man..

be more careful when driving .! lol:p

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
dude where in NY are you? I got a great bodyshop in Mineola, Nassau County....he's fixed my legend and he restored a legend about 9 yrs ago when he was going to fix my first legend...

I'll have him hook you up....get at me...

and besides, fuck that...its still driveable...come to the meet damaged or not...just show baby..we need representation....

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
just scratches? or are there dents? .. prolly 300-500$ from a body shop.

considering i got quoted 150$ for the back of the trunk lid..

if there is body work to be done.. .. damn man..

be more careful when driving .! lol:p
those are more like gouges than scratches....

·
hi....
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its like chunks... actually ill go take pics with my camera now...and cen2mental im kinda in your area... i seen u post that you off exit 1 on clearview.. i live by the blue bay diner on frany lew... let me know about this body shop... brb with pics

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
wow man....took a chunk of paint/metal right off ur car.....good news is, the lil bit of rust you got below that chunk that's missing can be fixed with that repair....

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
dont think it took any metal off.. looks like ... bondo or something on top of the metal .. i dunno.. was your car repainted in the past? ive never seen factory paint just chunk off like that ...

luckly your car is black.. you can prolly repair that yourself! . bondo , primer, paint and clearcoat! woot woot! lol good luck

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,964 Posts
Yea, he has bondo on it... I think you shouldnt pay more than 200 for something like that. 100 in labor and 100 in paint. Just take it to a shop and let them do their magic

·
hi....
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i had the infamous rustty quarter panel there... got it fixed in aug when i was crunched from behind... i have an old post with that incident http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/beware-not-weak-hearted-116092/ look at 5th and last pic... guy said he would sheetmetal it but i guess he lied and just bondoed it... fuckin arabs.. sorry... well i got under the car once and looked behind the area and i could sorta see some rust... maybe get that fized to?!

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
yea i had the infamous rustty quarter panel there... got it fixed in aug when i was crunched from behind... i have an old post with that incident http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/beware-not-weak-hearted-116092/ look at 5th and last pic... guy said he would sheetmetal it but i guess he lied and just bondoed it... fuckin arabs.. sorry... well i got under the car once and looked behind the area and i could sorta see some rust... maybe get that fized to?!
wow bro...my heart goes out to you.....I guess not only is it hard to find good Legend mechanics, but also good Legend body shops too...luckily I got my buddy Louie to take care of me and my rides.....you gotta meet Louie bro...he'll fix you all up...

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Damn thats one nasty hit. Glad your alright. Luckily she didn't hit the rim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.