Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have your atention. Can you guys tell me where i can find a good independant shop that works on our Legends? I live near Houston, but iam sick of dealing with the expensive and surly dealerships in the area. I have some problems that i need fixed. thank you for your time

dave out

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you roll over to Austin, my neighbor is a mechanic for Acura and does all my work for the low. If a 2.5 hour jaunt is worth it.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
John Eagle Acura is dishonest and deceitful

Hey, I've gone to this asian shop called Top Tech on Bellaire and Boone Rd a few miles down from Beltway 8 that does alot of work on asian imports cars. I've been pleased in the past. Their prices are competive but I value their honestly and quality of their work more. I just had my Timing belt done elsewhere and I got burned in the wallet yesterday. John Eagle Acura on Hwy6 had a promo on the timing belt job which I was eager to jump on. Drop off my G2 and handed the rep the coupon for $359 for everything. Came back to pay and he had no recollection of the discount coupon. So i'm out 6 Benji's.
Let me know if you need the # to top tech.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hi dvp, sorry i didnt respond to your email. there are a lot of mechanic shops along airline, but it's good to find a mechanic through someone your know. i had my car fixed at alexander's auto shop somewhere up north by parker road i think. i have an uncle who's pretty good that owns a shop called quick tune off of veternas memorial (by 249). hope this helps... there are more shops along aldine mail route. im not too familiar with the south side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What kinda work are looking to be done? OEM replacements or factory service type work or aftermarket work?? If it's aftermarket work u want then Carboy and Twin Power (Beltway 8 and 59) can do the work. I've been to Carboy multiple times and they havent let me down yet. Or i u want a good body shop then SABS can do amazing work for a hefty price. As for factory service, I wouldnt know too much cuz I do the work myself.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
I think Carboy would probably do a good job. It's just that their labor prices are kinda hard to swallow for me. Then again if it was aftermarket then i'll feel more comfortable doing it there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i'll meet anyday. a whole whopping 3 of us.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Hey, you guys wanna meet up next week? UH is out for spring break starting this weekend and I was recently laid off too so sitting on my ass doing nada.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Meet where? Shoudl we post this in all the other sections? How many of us are there?

anyone got a digital camcorder? we should record us cruisin or something.

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your help guys! yes i know about carboy and they are good for upgrades and aftermarket support. I need a good tech who can diagnose my problem. and then fix it at less than dealer pricing! I live about 30 minutes from Houston. There are no good import shops out here. So any info on good import shops phone numbers etc. can be sent to my email. [email protected]
I want to get my car in perfect shape so i wont feel guilty when i drop mad cash on wheels.

thanks

dave

·
Registered
217 Posts
whats wrong with your car? my dad is a mechanic

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My car smokes when it is left in idle for a long period of time. In traffic or at really slow traffic lights. I have a rear main seal oil leak and that might be casuing the problem. or it could be other stuff. That i dont have the time to fix myself. So i need info on a good shop in the Houston area that can help me diagnose the problem and fix it. I have been going to sterling mccall and they are assholes! and they are increadably expensive.

so any info would be cool. And there should be a Houston area legend meet. Since i know there are alot of badass legends in the area.

D.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Try giving Top Tech a call at 281-933-7700 and see how much it would be for them to look at your problem. It's not too far from Sterling McCall, just a few miles up on Bltwy 8. I've always found their prices reasonable at least compared to any of the dealers around the SW part of town.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts