Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to rub it in or anything to the Nets fans, but it looks like it's all over barring some major catastrophe.

I'll be going to Vegas to collect my :D $money$ :D, then heading off to Hawaii sometimes thereafter, easiest $2,750 I've ever made. :D

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
yea bro, did you ever doubt the lakers? :) I'm gettin together with a big group of friends Wednesday night for a victory party, last nights game was just a warm up, they're saving their energy for wednesday, the nets got nothing on em. But it kinda makes u wonder, remember during the Kings vs Lakers series when Kobe elbowed Bibby in the nose? Kobe got the foul shots that gave the lakers the game. what if Bibby was the one at the foul line instead? I'm sure the lakers would still have pulled through, but it was just a strange call to give the Lakers the foul shots...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never doubted them in this series at all, didn't even watch the game on Friday, instead got the gear and played ball like I usually do on Friday nights.

Ya , but in the same play Bibby was holding and grabbing Kobe, the elbow was unintentional as Kobe was trying to go to his left.

On the same note, Any of you Asian fellows on this board out in Cali playing in the Alpine Striders Basketball Tourney this weekend?

Team Associated from Utah heading down to Represent.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
as a Laker fan, I sincerely hope that they can make some good trades over the summer. There's rumors that they would be willing to trade Horry and Fox. I hope they keep Horry. He's proved too valuable to the team during the playoffs. Plus he's been with Shaq and Kobe for a few years now, and they are in sync.

Please trade Samaki Walker. It's so painful to see him miss dunks, layups, etc. They need a guy in that position to either rebound, defend, or score. He can't do any of those.

If they can trade the whole bench for one good player, they'd probably still do better.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
The only bench player I'd like to see them keep is Devean George. I hear Memphis is interested in him as well (it sucks when Jerry West is working against you ;)). Personally, I don't want to see either Horry or Fox go. These guys play for the postseason. Horry showed that he is simply clutch, and Fox played some killer D at key times during the playoffs (to make up for the bonehead plays that he makes during the season). Apparently, Samaki has an option for next year at 1.5 million and something tells me he'd be a fool not to take it. Here's the real Kicker though: Lindsey Hunter has an option in his contract for next year which pays him between 3.5-4.5 million.:eek: Unless he's brain-dead, he'll be a Laker next year because I don't think any team is gonna want to pick him up for that much. Aside from those 2, I think pretty much everybody else on the bench are unrestricted free agents. But I do think they need to get some good pick-ups...the balance of powers out in the West isn't so one-sided anymore and I don't ever wanna give Sacramento the satisfaction of beating us.:D

·
Registered
699 Posts
F*CK THE LAKERS!!!....oh sorry,theyre a good team, i just cant stand kobe and shaqs punk ass. it should be sacramento crushing the nets right now. game 6 of the western finals was the biggest BS i've ever seen in pro bball.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya, the lakers really do need to get some more offense off the bench.
Why in the hell did they even pick up Richmond, what a waste of time and money for both parties. If you have him use him, he's old, but Iam sure he can still shot the ball.

Walker was a big disappointment, the guys got no game what so ever, remember how evertime he went up against Webber, he either got packed or stripped.

Other than those two and maybe Hunter, I would keep the team in tack, why ruin a good thing.

As for the Series with Sactown, all they had to do was hit their free throws and that was it, no "and" "if" or "but". No conspiracy there. I could easily say, what about all those "ticky tacky" fouls called on Fox, Fisher, Hunter, George, Horry and all those Divac Flops that went against Shaq.

Also, If you're up by 20+ points for goodness, don't blow the damm lead and blame it on the refs, they got no control on the ball going into the rim or falling into Horry's hand.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
TYPEII said:
Why in the hell did they even pick up Richmond, what a waste of time and money for both parties. If you have him use him, he's old, but Iam sure he can still shot the ball.
Hey, they don't call the guy the Rock for nothing. He actually said that he'd like to come back to the Lakers next year and, with a year under his belt learning the Lakers system, thinks he could actually get some PT (I'm sure he thought the same thing this year too.) He just said he wanted the experience of being on a championship team. If Richmond can adapt to the offense and get some time on the court, I'm sure he can still be deadly.

Walker was a big disappointment, the guys got no game what so ever, remember how evertime he went up against Webber, he either got packed or stripped.
What pisses me off most about Walker is that he has the absolute worst hands of any Laker I've seen in years (and I thought Elden was bad!). This guy misses layups and dunks from point blank range.:mad: But in his defense, he did seem to come up with some pretty big rebounds during crucial times.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Train said:

What pisses me off most about Walker is that he has the absolute worst hands of any Laker I've seen in years (and I thought Elden was bad!). This guy misses layups and dunks from point blank range.:mad: But in his defense, he did seem to come up with some pretty big rebounds during crucial times.
You don't live in Utah and don't go to the Jazz's games, or you'll be pulling your hair outta your head if you see what a big Clumsy Dud Ostertag is. He even makes friendly church going Mormons swear at the games.
The Jazz would kill to have Walker.

That would be interesting for both Shaq and Tag if they were on the same team, remember when Shaq slapped Tag up the head during a brush in the tunnel at the Staples Center a few years back.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Walker will go..
No way they will keep him. I don't think they will trade fox though. He took less money to come to the lakers in the first place and although he had a bad year, he is still an under rated defender and a solid ball player.. I hope they keep Slava and develop his game over the summer, the guy has potential, as does Jorge.

What the lakers need is a quick big quailty point guard...And I just heard on a sports radio show that Andre Miller, a good young point guard on the Cav's, (he's a baller) is a free agent and has mentioned that he would like to come over here.. If the lakers could somehow workout a trade for him, I really think he could have a breakout season like Bibby did for Sac and would help lead the Lakers to 4 IN A ROW!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Train said:

And the ironic thing is that Elden is probably the best center in east right now:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a big "if" with Andre Miller, He easily would comand the Max in money on any team. He would need to take a big paycut to come to LA, with Shaq and Kobe at the top of the salary chain.

If "dre" comes to LA then it's all over for the League, Lakers will win for the next 5 years.

I say he comes and plays for the Jazz, he loves the Utes and Majerus here. :D

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
TYPEII said:
remember when Shaq slapped Tag up the head during a brush in the tunnel at the Staples Center a few years back.
Yeah, Shaq b*tch slapped him...it was beautiful. Shaq was so in his head after that. Ostertag would just cower anytime Shaq was near. Unfortunately, none of the other Jazz players reacted the same way.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
What annoys me about Hunter is his bonehead defense. He'll be so aggressive in the backcourt, trying to get to first base with the opponent, and 90% of the time he will have picked up a foul by the time the guy reaches midcourt. Then hunter has that idiotic smile on his face and be clapping his hands.

Lakers need a good power forward or point guard. Preferably a point guard. Fisher is more of a shooting guard. He can't penetrate the defense, and his passing is average at best. How many times did he throw the ball into a crowd of Nets in Game 3?

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
E K said:
Lakers need a good power forward or point guard. Preferably a point guard. Fisher is more of a shooting guard. He can't penetrate the defense, and his passing is average at best. How many times did he throw the ball into a crowd of Nets in Game 3?
Do you think we really need a point guard in the triangle? All he would really do is stand at midcourt and read the defense. If we need someone to breakdown the D, I think there's a young lad named Kobe who might be able to do that.;) But I do agree that Fish's weak point is his inability to drive the lane and finish a play.

I think our biggest weakness is at the 4, especially with all the big guys out in the West (Sheed, Web, Dirk, Duncan, etc.), just someone who can consistently average 10 & 10 and put a body on these guys and, obviously, back up Shaq at times. I'd love to see Brian Grant or Ben Wallace on the Lakers...I can dream can't I?:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Even though the triangle doesn't really require one, I don't think the lakers can win another title without a good quick point guard. Fisher has heart and has proven himself in the clutch but he lacks the decisionmaking, passing, and finishing skills of a great point guard. We need someone who can run a break and chase aroung guys like Bibby and Parker..

Hunter is a bonehead and I now know why the Bucks let him go. Hopefully the lakers will too.

In the foward heavy west, I don't know if there is anyone who can stop the opposition, but yeah a decent power foward would be nice.. I really hope they keep slava, I think he can turn into the guy averaging 10 and 10..

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Karl Malone would be a nice fit. On the Grapevine here, he and the owner of the Jazz are at it again, and there has been talk about Karl wanting to go somewhere to win a ring.

Raef LaFrenz of Dallas is a free Agent, could be a nice fit, shoots the 3 pretty well, only thing is he sometimes gets into foul trouble quickly.

He plays center mostly, but when McDyess was hurt he can play the 4.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I'm a 4th season ticket holder for the Los Angeles Clippers but when it's all said and done, tha Lakers ain't no mo'fo'n joke!!! Congrats to tha Lakers!!!

One...

Fut :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts