Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I believe that most are cast, but then again, for the prices that Honda charges, you might think that they may as well be 3-piece forged...? funny....

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :) I wonder if the bigger (17", 18", 19") wheels that come from the factory have the same problem with bending that seems apparent with aftermarket cast wheels.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LegendGS said:
Thanks. :) I wonder if the bigger (17", 18", 19") wheels that come from the factory have the same problem with bending that seems apparent with aftermarket cast wheels.
Some of the OEM rims are made by other name brand manufacturers. Like the CL-S/TL-S rims are made by Enkei. I think even the NSX rims might be made byt Enkei, or at least another comapany.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LegendGS said:
Are OEM wheels just as prone to bending?
Yes. I had a 96 Integra GS-R and it had those 15" rims that weigh 15 lbs (according to wheelweights.net). It wasn't those racing rims that lots of Civic owners wanted from the 94-95 Integra GS-R, but it was the Silver painted model. Anyways, it is prone to bending and to find a used one at that time was insanely crazy. I was lucky to find one for around $200.00. Itwould've cost me $150 to fix it, but I didn't want to drive around with a spare tire in the front and the car lowered by 1.5"... look kinda dumb... :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts