Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 6 1/2 inch driver component set for the doors, but the woofer has been described as "a little over 3 inches deep". Do our doors have enough room for this depth size driver (without modifications)?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
over 3 inches?? Damn, what speaker are you putting in there?
At the time I was bidding on a used set of a/d/s 346cs components, but got outbid. Still looking for some nice high end components. The used Legend that I bought a year ago has already got places for tweeters in the doors!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey with minimal modification you can go all the way to the door panel itself. The speakers are held in with a plastic bracket. I've in the past simply used a saw and cut only the back stop panel of the bracket. You can then screw your speaker into the bracket and the rear of the speaker basket won't be limited. It works pretty much on all Honda speakers in the front doors. I've personally done at least 3. Depending on the type saw you use it can be done in under 60 seconds

·
makes his putts....
710 Posts
At the time I was bidding on a used set of a/d/s 346cs components, but got outbid. Still looking for some nice high end components. The used Legend that I bought a year ago has already got places for tweeters in the doors!
I love those old A/D/S speakers. Hard to find them in good condition nowadays. Some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love those old A/D/S speakers. Hard to find them in good condition nowadays. Some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard...
Thanks for the thumbs up. I bid $100 and they went for $150. They can be found on eBay for $200-$300, which is kinda pricey. Still....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.