Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow this is the exact problem i've been trying to figure out for awhile. The legend has a big rotor hub and it's annoying! Most people i talk to tell me its normal and i can't do much about it..or to get the calipers painted as mentioned. Was a pissoff when i bought my brembo rotors and the rust appeared after a few weeks.. I thought that would have solved the problem.

I'm definately going to try the Rust Free.. Would it be worth it to try the rustproof spray as well? Would it be safe?

·
Registered
403 Posts
While we are on the topic of painting rotors, should I assume that there are no available rotors with protective coating to prevent the rust? Many of the newer cars today don't seem to have this problem and appear to have either a protective coating on the hub or use a rust-resistant alloy. BMWs come to mind but there are others too. While it is true that they have not been on the road for that many years it has certainly been more than the few weeks that turn our new rotors into rust chunks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.