Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they're rattling too much and I need to see if the cover is loose or something, i would also like to see what kind of speakers they are because the guy that owned the car before me spent like $400 on them.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need to know how I can get to the rear speakers behind the back seat of my coupe, how can I access them. do I have to pop off the covers or do I go in through the trunk

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
lexcoupe21 said:
i just need to know how I can get to the rear speakers behind the back seat of my coupe, how can I access them. do I have to pop off the covers or do I go in through the trunk
For the Legend Coupe (91-95) you CAN NOT pop the speaker grill covers off. You will brake all the mounting tabs. The coupes rear speaker grill was NOT made to be removed like the Legend Sedan. You will need to pop off the entire rear deck. This is easy though, as in the center storage compartment there are two platic push in tabs that need to be removed. After that, the rear deck lid is just held down my metal clips. Just pop it off. You can't access the rear speakers through the trunk, as the speaker sits in a sort of crude metal enclosure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thanks for the advice, but sounds like too much trouble just to find out what speakers I have, and fix some vibration. it only does it on certain songs anyway. and knowing me ill end up breaking something, or it will increase the rattling:D

thank you though!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
lexcoupe21 said:
well thanks for the advice, but sounds like too much trouble just to find out what speakers I have, and fix some vibration. it only does it on certain songs anyway. and knowing me ill end up breaking something, or it will increase the rattling:D

thank you though!
This is just an educated guess, as your problem might be different, but a common problem is that the foam under the speaker bracket deteriorates over time leaving the bracket loose. I bet this is the case, and all you need to do is retighten the bracket, or add more foam insulation of some sort between that bracket and the metal rear deck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts