Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94GS Sedan. I want to take a look at the speakers to see if they're the original BOSE. I figure the rear speakers will be easier to check because I wont have to take the whole door panel off like in the front.

I was looking at the rear, from the inside, the faces don't seem to come off... so I went through the trunk and noticed, there's a big metal covering, no easy access to the speakers.... How do I get to them? I don't want to break stuff!!

:)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really???

The covers pop off? I know the front ones don't for sure.. but the rear ones pop off? I was attempting to lift it.. but kept hearing the carpet/felt coming off with it..... so i stopped!

It's got 4 speakers in the back, 2 are tweeters (round faces)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
The covers to the speakers in the rear do pop off but the tweeters to my knowledge don't. I tried to pop off the covers to the tweeters but no luck. Try to see if you can try to popoff the speakers in the rear.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LegendGS provided some pictures and I quickly understood what I was doing wrong, I was attempting to take off the whole plastic piece (the whole cover) as with my 90 coupe. I didn't know it was just the very top portion of it (with the felt). I simply got a screw driver (very small philips) and poped both tabs in the rear, came off easily after that :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
well with 1990 ilke what i have, you take off the whole grille. Which is the ring around the grill material, the cover snaps on to the stock speakers, so you need a flat head, and shove that thing between the "carpet" and grill, and pry that thing off, once you get it off you notice 4 screws holding down the "material" thats why it wouldn't come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts